saab92x.com - Over 10% of all 9-2x owners registered

Saab92x.com is dedicated to the discussion of the Saab 9-2x sport wagon, based on the Subaru WRX.
Please register or login to post.

Welcome to Saab92x.com!
Saab92X.com is the premier Saab92X forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

#1 2005-06-01 02:34:47

RuinerXL
Demon of the Fall
User Number: 109

Paint Scratched?

I have had my black 9-2X Aero for about 3 days now, and as such it gets dirty quite fast. Now, I was with a couple of friends earlier today who thought it would be funny to start writing all over my car with their fingers. I won't go into detail about what was written, but let's just say it was not something I would feel safe or comfortable driving around with on the back of my car. Now, before I left to go home, I had to rid my car of the writing, so I went over it quickly with a soft towel. I know this is not the best practice but trust me, it had to be done. I came home later tonight to find that, as the temperature had cooled down considerably from earlier today, a layer of condensation had formed on the body of the car and all the writing my *cough*jealous*cough* friends had written was clearly visible again. This obviously was not pleasing to see, and got me wondering if my friends did some damage that will take more than just a quick wash to get rid of. Was the quick going over with a towel just not enough...in other words, will a regular wash get this stuff out, or will I have to full out wax/buff the car to get rid of it? I'm planning to put a couple of layers of wax on this weekend anyway, because the dealership didn't do a very good job detailing my car, but I'd like to know what you guys have to say about this (outside of "your friends are idiots," because I already know that).

2012 Subaru Impreza WRX - WR Blue Pearl
Torqued Performance Stage II | Cobb DP | STI short throw shifter
2005 Saab 9-2X Aero 5MT - Midnight Black Metallic
phillipj's TD04 | clear coat delete | power steering delete

Remove Advertisements Advertisement

Saab92X.com

#2 2005-06-01 03:34:47

akaryrye
Enthusiast
User Number: 70

Re: Paint Scratched?

Dont be shy, tell us what they wrote smile  Welcome to the club Ruiner, Ive had mine since May 20th

The reason the condensation showed the writing was because of the oil on your retarded (yet well meaning) friend's hands.  I doubt washing your car will get rid of it all but it probably will not be all that noticable either.  So just think of it as a reason to buff and wax your car, im in the process of doing a very thorough one on my black aero right now so i can get rid of the majority of the spiderwebs it came with and also since my dealer did a crappy wax job.

Red 1990 Miata - squirted n' sparked, gt2554 turbo
Black 1997 Miata - basically stock ... needs a bath

#3 2005-06-01 08:44:48

STI4theSlowGuy
All Is Full Of Love
User Number: 30
Website

TITTYWOP!

..::||  I like turtles.  ||::..

#4 2005-06-01 11:23:28

eurospeed
Will race for food.
Supporter
User Number: 29

A nice washing/waxing should help cover any micro scratching temporarily, but if you really want it gone, you may need to polish the clear coat.  It doesn't sound deep, so a quick run with a non abrasive polish would work.  I use 3M Finesse-It for clear coat scratches and hazing, but there are plenty of others out there.  Follow it up with a coat of wax and you are all set.

EUROSPEED EUROSPEED EUROSPEED
saab 92x AERO ..:::::::.. driving banana

#5 2005-06-01 23:29:22

RuinerXL
Demon of the Fall

Thanks for your replies, but I now have bigger problems than just some writing. My dad ran into my Aero with his 325i coming out of the garage this morning. sad Just my luck, I have a new car for 3 days and it gets dented and scratched. Luckily, it's nothing huge, but still no fun. Wish me luck, guys. Hopefully it'll look good as new in a couple of days after I get it all fixed up.

#6 2005-06-03 01:45:57

Taker
User Number: 15

RuinerXL wrote:

Thanks for your replies, but I now have bigger problems than just some writing. My dad ran into my Aero with his 325i coming out of the garage this morning. sad Just my luck, I have a new car for 3 days and it gets dented and scratched. Luckily, it's nothing huge, but still no fun. Wish me luck, guys. Hopefully it'll look good as new in a couple of days after I get it all fixed up.

Damn, sorry to hear that RuinerXL...I thought I had bad luck with the bird shit etching into my black paint and the window tinter slicing into my weather stripping.  Sigh -- I hate it when my car's not perfect...sad

#7 2005-06-03 10:53:58

STI4theSlowGuy
All Is Full Of Love
User Number: 30
Website

im sorry bro.  that really sucks.  sad

..::||  I like turtles.  ||::..

#8 2005-06-03 10:59:05

talo
User Number: 141

here ya go:
http://www.detailcity.com/
might find some useful tips

also, look into poorboys products, good stuff:
http://poorboysworld.com/index.html

not much to say about the dents though, sorry to hear.

Artic Silver Aero w/ Cold and Premium
---------------------------------------------
Cobb AP, Turbo XS Stealthback, Cobb Anti-Sway, Lloyds Ultra Plus Mats, "350F Block-It" Car Cover, FilterMag, German Castrol (GC), Prodrive PPF7 Anthracite, Hankook RS2 225/18/40, Valentine One v1.8, Lidatek LE30, Black Calipers, LaserShield Plate Cover, Saab 92x License Plate Frame, McGard Lugs and Lock

#9 2005-06-08 01:06:11

Satin_Gray
User Number: 162

*OUCH*  that's horrible!  i like mine perfect as well, but am currently trying to ignore (deal with) the scratches and chips on the front bumper caused by small rocks i guess.
since i do have a few IDIOT friends this reminds me to be sure to give them the FYI just in case they had any ideas!  lol
hope all gets better for you man!

#10 2005-06-08 13:10:35

RuinerXL
Demon of the Fall

Thanks for your replies, guys. Got my car back yesterday and she looks good as new. Bodyshop did a great job. Pics after first wash/wax!

Board footer

Site problems, bugs, or questions? Contact Administrator
All content copyright Saab92x.com 2005-2010
SAAB and the SAAB logos are trademarks of Saab Cars USA, Inc.