saab92x.com - Over 10% of all 9-2x owners registered

Saab92x.com is dedicated to the discussion of the Saab 9-2x sport wagon, based on the Subaru WRX.
Please register or login to post.

Welcome to Saab92x.com!
Saab92X.com is the premier Saab92X forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

#51 2011-03-24 10:05:37

DeltaV
Half-wit
User Number: 4615

Re: The 2016 Presidential race

SilentlyAmazing wrote:

VTPhotog wrote:

Not lied for one.
He also hasn't been a complete douche bag like 3/4 of those potential candidates.
He helped slow down the recession.
Saved GM's ass
He's working on a Universal healthcare system that could work for our country.
Ended a media blackout on war casualties

You know what, I'm cheating from here on out. Here ya go. http://www.bspcn.com/2010/10/18/things-obama-has-done/

sly Brainwashed much?

I'm voting for Trump.  GOP sucks ass, but I share about 60% of my views with them, and Democrats suck ass.  The political system sucks ass.  You all suck ass...

Not sure if I would vote for Trump in a Primary, but at least I know he would stand up for this country instead of bowing down like a kid who got beat up on the playground.

And working universal healthcare?  He isn't doing anything to fix it, just to spread the costs around to those he thinks 'need to pay their fair share'.  Healthcare will not be fixed by spreading costs around...costs need to be reduced.  Aren't our British friends started to see that the Universal system has failed, and are starting to move away from it?

Remove Advertisements Advertisement

Saab92X.com

#52 2011-03-24 10:08:26

DrivinWest
Sittin' Fat Down South
Supporter
User Number: 3526

john_matrix wrote:

phillipj wrote:

Why the hell did you start this thread?  To point out the lunacy of the whole thing?  I mean seriously, It's ridiculous.

I will most likely vote to re-elect Obama, but I want to keep my options open.

I'm in the same boat. Of all the probable current GOP candidates, Romney is the only one I have a modicum of respect for. I suspect, however, that his New England Republican flavor won't appeal to the majority of traditional GOP voters and he'll either 1) not make it very far in the primaries 2) have to change his positions, at which point I'll lose all respect for him.

Romney is going to have a hard time explaining his universal healthcare requirement in Massachusetts to a party who is vehemently against such things.

2016 Ford Shelby GT350R
2016 Volvo XC90 T6 Inscription
2005 Saab 9-2X Aero - SOLD to Pimpdaub

#53 2011-03-24 10:11:55

DrivinWest
Sittin' Fat Down South
Supporter

DeltaV wrote:

Aren't our British friends started to see that the Universal system has failed, and are starting to move away from it?

No and no and no, "Obamacare" is absolutely nothing like the British NHS.

Last edited by DrivinWest (2011-03-24 10:14:29)

2016 Ford Shelby GT350R

#54 2011-03-24 10:31:09

heathbar
Go Gators
User Number: 275

macberry wrote:

illzguju wrote:

Who cares? The GOP lost my respect a long time ago.

I don't have a whole lot of use for either political party.  Unfortunately, it's in neither party's interest to allow a viable third party to emerge.  So we're stuck with facepalm choices.

+threve

Zipcar Aficionado

2005 Black Aero SOLD

#55 2011-03-24 10:44:12

john_matrix
Administrator
SupporterModerator
User Number: 168

DrivinWest wrote:

john_matrix wrote:

phillipj wrote:

Why the hell did you start this thread?  To point out the lunacy of the whole thing?  I mean seriously, It's ridiculous.

I will most likely vote to re-elect Obama, but I want to keep my options open.

I'm in the same boat. Of all the probable current GOP candidates, Romney is the only one I have a modicum of respect for. I suspect, however, that his New England Republican flavor won't appeal to the majority of traditional GOP voters and he'll either 1) not make it very far in the primaries 2) have to change his positions, at which point I'll lose all respect for him.

Romney is going to have a hard time explaining his universal healthcare requirement in Massachusetts to a party who is vehemently against such things.

I respect Romney for not working for Fox News.  up

#56 2011-03-24 11:00:10

DrivinWest
Sittin' Fat Down South
Supporter

up

2016 Ford Shelby GT350R

#57 2011-03-24 11:27:33

maverickPixel
Supporter
Supporter
User Number: 3824

facepalm

im saddened by our country.

#58 2011-03-24 11:42:58

LordZed
ImaChris
Supporter
User Number: 5169

We have a fantastic country. Our political leaders are the weak link most of the time. The people are good and most Americans love America and the freedom we have.

#59 2011-03-24 13:18:15

WDEagle
Unrepentantly Ideological
Supporter
User Number: 7

DrivinWest wrote:

WDEagle wrote:

It's crazy what a piss poor list of candidates we have to choose from every year considering how great this country is.

Well there's your problem. I don't have a problem.  I have an opinion about the lack of quality candidates from either party.  The jingoists like the smell of their own farts.  I make two posts in this thread and you tag me as a jingoist.  Maybe you need to quit smelling your own farts.

WE'RE #1! JUST KEEP SAYING IT AND IT WILL BE TRUE!!! Maybe you can point out where in this thread I indicated that the US was "#1".  This country is far from perfect.  It is however a great country IMHO.

Hers --------> 2005 Midnight Black Flat Black Pearl White Saab 92x Aero w/sport 2016 Ultra White Lexus NX200t F Sport
Mine --------> 2004 Black Chevrolet Colorado ZQ8 2016 Lazer Blue Chevy Colorado Crew Cab
Ours --------> 2004 Millennium Yellow Chevrolet Corvette Coupe
Ours 2 --------> 1966 Arcadian Blue Ford Mustang Coupe

#60 2011-03-24 13:33:33

macberry
My other car has two wheels
Supporter
User Number: 410

macberry wrote:

illzguju wrote:

Who cares? The GOP lost my respect a long time ago.

+1  I don't have a whole lot of use for either political party.  Unfortunately, it's in neither party's interest to allow a viable third party to emerge.  So we're stuck with facepalm choices.

And here's a good example of why -- even if my political leanings are conservative (at least economically conservative) -- I have no use for the GOP as it currently stands and have no faith that the Tea Party will live up to its campaign rhetoric:

Half of earmark spending untouched in GOP bills

Brilliant red 5MT Aero w/premium & cold|BBS RK|AP 93 stg 2|Bosal shorty DP|STi axle back|Cobb sways|Hotchkis endlinks|Mach V springs w/KYB struts|eBay H-brace...not pink smile |eBay f/r strut braces...pink tongue |Perrin short throw shifter driving|ixizSclutch banana|Kartboy shifter/diff bushings|Crucial rad shroud|SpeedMonkee|Momo shift knob/boot|WRX dead pedal|RubberTite "go fast" mats lol

#61 2011-03-24 14:21:58

VTPhotog
User Number: 4559

Nelly wrote:

VTPhotog wrote:

Not lied for one.
He also hasn't been a complete douche bag like 3/4 of those potential candidates.
He helped slow down the recession.
Saved GM's ass
He's working on a Universal healthcare system that could work for our country.
Ended a media blackout on war casualties

You know what, I'm cheating from here on out. Here ya go. http://www.bspcn.com/2010/10/18/things-obama-has-done/

If any other of our presidents had doubled the National debt, which had
Taken more Than two centuries to accumulate, in one year, would You have
Approved?

------No, Reagan did it and Bush Jr did it and I never approved of either of them.

If any other of our presidents had criticized a state law That he admitted
He never Even read, would you think that he is just an ignorant hot Head?

----- I think we have all criticized laws and I'm 99% positive you and I have never read every law in our states. The President doesn't need to read every word of every law. If he did that he would never get anything done. Thats what his Aides are for.

If any other of our presidents joined the country of Mexico and sued A state
In the United States to force that state to continue to allow illegal
Immigration, Would you question his patriotism and wonder who's side he was
On?
----- No I would not. I know where my family came from and it sure as hell wasn't from the United States. I can trace my lines back to 1460 in Ireland. If people want to come to our country for a better life we should find a way to help them and make it less dangerous.

If any other of our presidents had pronounced the Marine Corps like Marine
Corpse, would you think him an idiot?

----- Does/ did he say it that was every time or was it a slip of the tongue?

If any other of our presidents had put 87,000 workers out of work by
Arbitrarily placing a moratorium on offshore oil drilling on companies That
Have one of the best safety records of any industry because one foreign
Company had an accident, would you have agreed?

---- Any evidence or proof?

If any other of our presidents had used a forged document as the Basis of
The moratorium that would render 87000 American workers Unemployed would you
Support him?

---- Again, proof? Not to say an email spread around a workplace isn't a solid source of information, but I like facts when discussing something such as this.

If any other of our presidents had been the first President to need A
Teleprompter installed to be able to get through a press conference, Would
You have laughed and said this is more proof of how inept he is on his own
And is really controlled by smarter men behind the scenes?
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_6q-f-zD4xPY/TNZXcePx15I/AAAAAAAAZvo/rMONqNcqllI/s1600/Teleprompter.jpg
http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web02/2009/3/19/15/bush-with-dual-teleprompters-14791-1237490634-0.jpg

----You're right! Obama must be controlled by smarter people just like Bush!!!! I work around teleprompters daily. It does not mean that a person is stupid. They are used so the person reading can maintain eye contact with the viewers and not have to look down at a script every 5 seconds.

If any other of our presidents had spent hundreds of thousands of Dollars to
Take his First Lady to a play in NYC, would you have approved?
---- Proof? Every president spends money on vacations for their family.

If any other of our presidents had reduced your retirement plan Holdings of
GM stock by 90% and given the unions a majority stake in GM, Would you have
Approved?
--- As opposed to letting GM go belly up and force everyone into the welfare line without their pensions anyway? Yeah, I approve. Hell, I actually wanted the govt to let GM flop to set an example that no company should use unsafe business practices. Never was a GM fan...

If any other of our presidents had made a joke at the expense of the Special
Olympics, would you have approved?
---- http://image24.webshots.com/24/7/99/10/ … vDk_ph.jpg ---- That's clearly NEVER happened before because no one would every do that!

If any other of our presidents had given Gordon Brown a set of Inexpensive
And incorrectly formatted DVDs, when Gordon Brown had given Him a thoughtful
And historically significant gift, would you have approved?

----I know nothing about this. What did the exchange involve?

If any other of our presidents had given the Queen of England an IPod
Containing videos of his speeches, would you have thought it a proud Moment
For America ?
---- Yeah. I get wicked proud when World leaders exchange gifts. I'm so angry he didn't give her Florida as a gift it's not funny.

If any other of our presidents had visited Austria and made Reference to the
Nonexistent "Austrian language," would you have brushed It off as a minor
Slip?
----Yeah. He was a constitutional lawyer and senator. Not a linguist.

If any other of our presidents had filled his cabinet and circle of Advisers
With people who cannot seem to keep current in their income Taxes, would you
Have approved?
--- Not necessarily.

If any other of our presidents had stated that there were 57 states In the
United States , wouldn't you have had second thoughts about his
Capabilities?
--- Don't even get me started on all the dumb shit Bush said in office. There are many books written solely on that topic.

If any other of our presidents would have flown all the way to Denmark to
Make a five minute speech about how the Olympics would benefit Him walking
Out his front door in his home town, would you not have Thought he was a
Self important, conceited, egotistical jerk.

--- He was more than likely requested to speak. I know my spelling and grammar is not always correct, but that person needs some help on when to capitalize words.

If any other of our presidents had been so Spanish illiterate as to Refer to
"Cinco de Cuatro" in front of the Mexican ambassador when it was The 5th of
May (Cinco de Mayo), and continued to flub it when he tried Again, wouldn't
You have winced in embarrassment?

---Yeah, I was constantly in a state of wince when Bush was in office.

If any other of our presidents had burned 9,000 gallons of jet fuel To go
Plant a single tree on Earth Day, would you have concluded he's a Hypocrite?

---- Again, Proof? Fact or assumption? The day we have tele-porters I'll be pissed if he had to fly across such a large country to do something.

If any other of our presidents' administrations had okayed Air Force One
Flying low over millions of people followed by a jet fighter in Downtown
Manhattan causing widespread panic, would you have wondered whether they
Actually get what happened on 9-11?

---- If you use the date 9-11 for every little thing it looses it's meaning. I see low flying airliners and fighter jets all the time. I don't think "terrorists!" when I see it I know there is probably an airport nearby. Also I think the "widespread panic" was a little blown out of proportion by a certain news outlet to make Obama look like a horrible person.

If any other of our presidents had failed to send relief aid to Flood
Victims throughout the Midwest with more people killed or made Homeless than
In New Orleans , would you want it made into a major ongoing Political issue
With claims of racism and incompetence?

---- I LOVE comparing natural disasters that cause thousands of fatalities. Which one was your favorite?  star

If any other of our presidents had created the position of 32 Czars Who
Report directly to him, bypassing the House and Senate on much of what Is
Happening in America , would you have ever approved.

--- Yes. Their job is to report to the President what is happening. I'm pretty sure they don't go around murdering babies and writing laws making abortions mandatory for poor people. If the Senate and House did their jobs and listened to the people that elected them, they would know what was happening in this country.

If any other of our presidents had ordered the firing of the CEO of A major
Corporation, even though he had no constitutional authority to do So, would
You have approved?

--- Not necessarily, but if that CEO was the driving force behind the collapse of a major corporation nearly causing hundreds of thousands of people to become unemployed, yes.

I will admit I robbed this from an email I received and in no way am I making a political statement. Just thought it was appropriate. biggrin

It wasn't the best choice to use as a foundation for an argument. It's my Sunday, I have time to kill and I like researching random things.

Is Obama the best president ever? No, is he a better choice that some overly religious, ignorant fool? Yes. My taxes, surprisingly, have gone down since he took office. The tax cut is in the health care bill the GOP is so desperately trying to do away with, fyi.
Now to balance this out. Do I lean left, yes, that's obvious. But I have gone to republican events, and even a tea party rally to see their side of things. I can assure you I have no intentions and will do everything in my power to ensure a tea party backed candidate is not elected President.
The "Taxed enough already" or Tea party talk a lot but never use facts or truth in their arguments. Do a little research, republicans have taxed the people more and given less. Hell, Reagan had the tax rate at 50%. I'll gladly take a 30% rate over that.
I don't just listen to campaign adds, I do some digging and figure out who I should vote for. None of the possible republican candidates, in my eyes, will do good for this country.

Am I brainwashed? No. I'm educated because I take the time to learn about the candidates before I go and vote for who I think should run our country.

2005 Linear/ 5MT

#62 2011-03-24 14:50:34

maverickPixel
Supporter
Supporter
User Number: 3824

LordZed wrote:

We have a fantastic country. Our political leaders are the weak link most of the time. The people are good and most Americans love America and the freedom we have.

i love america, i love that its let me lead a comfortable life, free from prosecution. What saddens me is the low national standard for intelligence; the fact that people like sara pailin are even in the running for government office.

and i absolutely HATE when people turn any criticism against our country into some type of un-patriotic rhetoric. Our country needs to be criticized, and criticized heavily, if we ever want to grow.

#63 2011-03-24 15:08:04

LinuxChick
I like things that end in "x"...
Supporter
User Number: 2760

VTPhotog wrote:

None of those ass bags deserve the presidency or should be anywhere near our political process. mad
Palin should be dumped in Russia and left to rot.
If I HAD to choose from that list, Romney, as he's a New England republican which is basically a southern democrat. However, I won't choose from that list because I'm voting for a man I can respect as president and hell, he already is and I'd like it to stay that way.

Romney is not pro-choice which is pretty much a deal breaker for me.

2005 9-2X Linear, 5 Speed, black. No additives other than a set of Wet Okoles, but I sure do love it....

#64 2011-03-24 15:17:39

LordZed
ImaChris
Supporter

maverickPixel wrote:

i love america, i love that its let me lead a comfortable life, free from prosecution. What saddens me is the low national standard for intelligence; the fact that people like sara pailin are even in the running for government office.

and i absolutely HATE when people turn any criticism against our country into some type of un-patriotic rhetoric. Our country needs to be criticized, and criticized heavily, if we ever want to grow.

I agree, to grow we need to take a hard look at ourselves. I was in no way implying you are un-patriotic (I dont think you are saying I was, just clarifying just in case;)

I also think that saying Sarah Palin is stupid is a bit harsh. Would I vote for her as president? No. She does not have what it takes in my opinion. But she is an educated politician. There have been way worse before her.

#65 2011-03-24 15:23:59

Ryan
Anti-JDM
Supporter
User Number: 1941

LinuxChick wrote:

VTPhotog wrote:

None of those ass bags deserve the presidency or should be anywhere near our political process. mad
If I HAD to choose from that list, Romney, as he's a New England republican which is basically a southern democrat. However, I won't choose from that list because I'm voting for a man I can respect as president and hell, he already is and I'd like it to stay that way.

He's a socially conservative Mormon. That's exactly what this country doesn't need.

LordZed wrote:

Sarah Palin...is an educated politician

I've heard a lot of things about her, but this is a sentence I never thought I'd read.

'05 Aero MT (BBS RK, Stage 2, Cobb suspension)
'06 Aero 4EAT (BBS CH, STi interior, Brembo GT, Epic suspension)
'12 GTI Autobahn/DSG/4D (BBS CK, Koni coilovers, APR tuned)

#66 2011-03-24 15:24:42

Someguy
I'm out
Supporter
User Number: 983

LinuxChick wrote:

VTPhotog wrote:

Doesn't that rule out anyone who has any potential of getting the GOP nomination?

2002 WRX, 2016 JK, 2005 XL1200R, 2017 Z125

#67 2011-03-24 15:28:24

LinuxChick
Supporter

Someguy wrote:

LinuxChick wrote:

VTPhotog wrote:

Doesn't that rule out anyone who has any potential of getting the GOP nomination?

Yes.  Yes it does.

2005 9-2X Linear, 5 Speed, black. No additives other than a set of Wet Okoles, but I sure do love it....

#68 2011-03-24 15:28:50

Justin86
$800 DUI Mod
Supporter
User Number: 3102
Website

Justin80 wrote:

Paul/Kucinich please.

Wow. I never thought we'd agree on politics.  cool

I'm so mean I make medicine sick.

#69 2011-03-24 15:31:58

DrivinWest
Sittin' Fat Down South
Supporter

Openly gay Republican Fred Karger announces 2012 presidential run:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162- … 03544.html

2016 Ford Shelby GT350R

#70 2011-03-24 15:37:30

Bryan
why don't you remember my name?
Supporter
User Number: 1768

The one reason I think Ron Paul would be a terrible choice is that the libertarian philosophy excludes assistance for the worst-off people in our country.  Don't get me wrong, if you're a single, from-money immigrant struggling to be a mediocre playwright, you can afford to espouse the notion that self-interest at the exclusion of other, less fortunate people in our society is beneficial, because you know nothing about need, struggle, and poverty in a capitalist culture.

I will be aggressively campaigning against any nominee who is in any way associated with the Tea Party groups/fronts, any candidate who fails to provide cohesive, pragmatic ideas about assistance to the poor, any candidate who uses their religious persuasion to make moral determinations about people they do not know, and any candidate who shows a history of party-line votes and/or no indication of working with or compromising in order to craft legislation.  Add to that any candidate who regurgitates comments like "govt is the problem", "govt is too big", or "we can't raise taxes", or that "gov't should run like a business".

Last edited by Bryan (2011-03-24 15:39:18)

I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

#71 2011-03-24 15:42:57

DrivinWest
Sittin' Fat Down South
Supporter

arrow-up roxor

2016 Ford Shelby GT350R

#72 2011-03-24 15:46:13

LinuxChick
Supporter

Bryan wrote:

The one reason I think Ron Paul would be a terrible choice is that the libertarian philosophy excludes assistance for the worst-off people in our country.  Don't get me wrong, if you're a single, from-money immigrant struggling to be a mediocre playwright, you can afford to espouse the notion that self-interest at the exclusion of other, less fortunate people in our society is beneficial, because you know nothing about need, struggle, and poverty in a capitalist culture.

I will be aggressively campaigning against any nominee who is in any way associated with the Tea Party groups/fronts, any candidate who fails to provide cohesive, pragmatic ideas about assistance to the poor, any candidate who uses their religious persuasion to make moral determinations about people they do not know, and any candidate who shows a history of party-line votes and/or no indication of working with or compromising in order to craft legislation.  Add to that any candidate who regurgitates comments like "govt is the problem", "govt is too big", or "we can't raise taxes", or that "gov't should run like a business".

heart

#73 2011-03-24 15:48:05

LordZed
ImaChris
Supporter

Ryan wrote:

LordZed wrote:

Sarah Palin...is an educated politician

I've heard a lot of things about her, but this is a sentence I never thought I'd read.

College graduate, served on the city council, Mayor for two terms, then governor. But hell, im sure anyone could do that. I didn’t say she is awesome, or a good speaker, or even a “good  politician per say. Im just saying I try to give credit to anyone who has a career in politics. It isn’t an easy job. I don’t like Obama, but I don’t think the guy is stupid.

#74 2011-03-24 16:14:09

kornfeld
Supporter
User Number: 2503

I'll add to VTPhotog's response...and since this is from an email, I'll quote the email instead of the poster:

email wrote:

If any other of our presidents had criticized a state law That he admitted
He never Even read, would you think that he is just an ignorant hot Head?

I assume this is in reference to the Arizona immigration law.  I can't find any reliable source stating that Obama criticized it and never read it...I did find references to Eric Holder, but I can't find one about Obama.  Can you point out a source?

email wrote:

If any other of our presidents joined the country of Mexico and sued A state
In the United States to force that state to continue to allow illegal
Immigration, Would you question his patriotism and wonder who's side he was
On?

I assume this is in reference to Arizona again, and is disingenuous at best, and an outright lie at worst.  First, Obama didn't sue a state.  Second, Obama didn't somehow gang up with Mexico.  The Obama administration filed suit over a law that it felt was unconstitutional.  So let me rephrase your question:

If our president attempts to defend the constitution of the United States, would you question his patriotism and wonder who's side he's on?

The question sounds pretty stupid like that, doesn't it?

email wrote:

If any other of our presidents had pronounced the Marine Corps like Marine
Corpse, would you think him an idiot?

I guess that's true, he did say a word incorrectly a few times.  What an excellent point to make  star .  If misspeaking a few times qualifies him as an idiot, then this country is full of the biggest bunch of morons imaginable.

email wrote:

If any other of our presidents had put 87,000 workers out of work by
Arbitrarily placing a moratorium on offshore oil drilling on companies That
Have one of the best safety records of any industry because one foreign
Company had an accident, would you have agreed?

If any other of our presidents had used a forged document as the Basis of
The moratorium that would render 87000 American workers Unemployed would you
Support him?

Again, I can't find any source for this "forged document" business, other than websites that just say it was a forged document.  Can anyone find a source?

email wrote:

If any other of our presidents had made a joke at the expense of the Special
Olympics, would you have approved?

Nope, I sure wouldn't.  -1 Obama

email wrote:

If any other of our presidents had given Gordon Brown a set of Inexpensive
And incorrectly formatted DVDs, when Gordon Brown had given Him a thoughtful
And historically significant gift, would you have approved?

While true, this has got to be one of the lamest points I've ever seen in one of these emails.  Seriously?  Criticizing him for not giving a good gift?

email wrote:

If any other of our presidents had given the Queen of England an IPod
Containing videos of his speeches, would you have thought it a proud Moment
For America ?

Uh oh, ignore my last point.  TWO BAD GIFTS?!?!?  OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!

email wrote:

If any other of our presidents had bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia, Would
You have approved?

This point is even more lame than the point about the gifts. 

So he bowed to him.  So what?  He followed it up by walking right up to him and looking him straight in the eye.  What difference does it make if he bowed?

email wrote:

If any other of our presidents had stated that there were 57 states In the
United States , wouldn't you have had second thoughts about his
Capabilities?

God, I'm so tired of seeing this mentioned.  There are two reasons why this is such a stupid point.  First, he didn't claim there are 57 seven states.  He either claimed that there are roughly 58 or that there are 60, depending on how you interpret it:

And second, IT WAS A JOKE.  A stupid and unfunny joke, but a joke none the less.  There are tons of stupid jokes like this.  For example, whenever I bitch about midwest winters, I'll say things like, "Ugh, Chicago weather sucks...it snows for like 14 months straight each year, and then it's hot and humid for the other 5 months."  See?  Not very funny.

email wrote:

If any other of our presidents had been so Spanish illiterate as to Refer to
"Cinco de Cuatro" in front of the Mexican ambassador when it was The 5th of
May (Cinco de Mayo), and continued to flub it when he tried Again, wouldn't
You have winced in embarrassment?

It wasn't a flub in the first place, and he didn't continue to flub it when he continued speaking:

It was obviously a joke, done on purpose, because they were happened to be talking about it at the White House on May 4th. 

email wrote:

Every statement and action above is factual and directly
attributable to Barrack Hussein Obama. Every bumble is a matter of record
and completely verifiable.

roll

Der Schuh

#75 2011-03-24 16:33:44

Joyride
Supporter
Supporter
User Number: 2663

maverickPixel wrote:

LordZed wrote:

arrow-up The un-patriotic card seems to played more often than Gin rummy or Bridge at a senior center.  facepalm

I usually don't join in on these things since I'm not a US citizen and I bet you that many of the Canadians in here have views on these matters too. I got bored with saying Dukakis out loud after a few hours, so I'll go first. This is just thoughts rather then critics so don't get your panties in a bunch if you don't like it.

I find it strange that not more people see that Mr. Bush pretty much destroyed your whole country from the inside. Any person who's stuck with cleaning up after his drunken sailor spending, insane passing of laws in the dark and serious threat for any US citizen regarding rights etc. would have their job cut out for them.

That being said, why not look to your neighbors in the north on matters regarding healthcare? Maybe even look to countries outside America as well, who has well functioning systems and let your pride rest for a second or two? There must be ways to get descent healthcare for the US inspired by other countries without someone screaming, communism, socialism or any other "un-patriotic" scare tactic. 

We might be puppets for the US in many cases here in europe, but I bet you that after the US officials have turned in for the evening at meetings worldwide, many other countries are having a good laugh on how your government is treating the inhabitants sometimes. (This should not apply for the poor guy in the clean up dept. or most likely (and sadly enough) the next two presidents, if their heads are screwed on right)

And if you don't want to ask for help officially then send someone on a secret mission to do it then. You guys are good at leverage, so my guess is no one will rat you out (even in historybooks  biggrin ) if you choose to ask other countries for help.

And LordZed, Palin is the reason why hockymoms worldwide stopped calling themselves just that, but that's neither here nor there ... tongue

Board footer

Site problems, bugs, or questions? Contact Administrator
All content copyright Saab92x.com 2005-2010
SAAB and the SAAB logos are trademarks of Saab Cars USA, Inc.