saab92x.com - Over 10% of all 9-2x owners registered

Saab92x.com is dedicated to the discussion of the Saab 9-2x sport wagon, based on the Subaru WRX.
Please register or login to post.

Welcome to Saab92x.com!
Saab92X.com is the premier Saab92X forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

#251 2016-05-14 18:17:03

sohlman
21O2OLOR
From: Sacramento, CA
Registered: 2013-10-29
User Number: 11977
Posts: 1421

Re: How many Bay Area 9-2x'ers are left?

aj916 wrote:

I believe this link should work. That road was part of marshal road near Georgetown.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Latrobe … m0!1m0!3e0

Thanks man!


06' Silver Aero 5MT - Cobb Turboback, Stage II  93 octane tune, ST coilovers (KW Variant1s), Cobb short shifter, 22mm front and 24mm rear whiteline sways and endlinks, engine rebuild (Manley forged rods and pistons)
White 2015 WRX - Whiteline rear swaybar, Perrin brass shifter bushing, Cobb J pipe, Cobb Accessport, custom buzzard damage

Offline

 

Remove Advertisements Advertisement

Saab92X.com

Offline

 

#252 2016-05-16 12:00:37

ikbrown
long live R0LO!
From: Fair Oaks, CA
Registered: 2011-10-06
User Number: 6094
Posts: 4830

Re: How many Bay Area 9-2x'ers are left?

Yea seriously, you guys were BOOKING IT!! I was taking things on the conservative side since I haven't driven it before. How bout that F250 on Latrobe when you guys passed? haha.

I think my favorite part of that route was the part after Georgetown, on 193 down to Cool. Some nice higher speed turns.  driving


2005 Saab 92x Aero 5MT | The basic mods, Stage 2.04
1968 Dodge Charger 383 | WIP, restored almost everything but body work
2014 Subaru Forester | Wife's car

Offline

 

#253 2016-05-16 12:43:13

aj916
Member
From: Sacramento
Registered: 2015-03-30
User Number: 29913
Posts: 98

Re: How many Bay Area 9-2x'ers are left?

Yeah that part is great. I really like the part on Marshall road covered by trees but that route has a little bit of everything which is perfect.

Yeah that F250 driver was a jerk. We had a couple of drivers who thought speeding up was better than pulling off but overall we had good luck with the slower drivers.

Last edited by aj916 (2016-05-16 12:47:23)


2005 Brilliant Red Aero 5MT - AP V3 Stage 2 - BPM turbo back - Grimmspeed up pipe - Perrin 25mm rear sway, endlinks and stout mounts - 17x8 O.Z. Ultraleggera w/ Hankook Ventus V12 evo - Subaru 4pot/2pot and stoptech rotors/pads

Offline

 

#254 2016-05-16 12:46:47

sohlman
21O2OLOR
From: Sacramento, CA
Registered: 2013-10-29
User Number: 11977
Posts: 1421

Re: How many Bay Area 9-2x'ers are left?

Some of those roads were bordering on tail of the dragon levels of twisty. If you guys haven't heard of it it's 318 corners in 11 miles https://www.google.com/maps/place/Tail+ … 83.9202515

If one of you guys can find a road like that here I'll buy you a case of beer.


06' Silver Aero 5MT - Cobb Turboback, Stage II  93 octane tune, ST coilovers (KW Variant1s), Cobb short shifter, 22mm front and 24mm rear whiteline sways and endlinks, engine rebuild (Manley forged rods and pistons)
White 2015 WRX - Whiteline rear swaybar, Perrin brass shifter bushing, Cobb J pipe, Cobb Accessport, custom buzzard damage

Offline

 

#255 2016-05-16 14:09:37

lizzardo
Sooper Genius
Supporter
From: SF Bay Area, CA.
Registered: 2005-06-04
User Number: 158
Posts: 4377

Re: How many Bay Area 9-2x'ers are left?

sohlman wrote:

Some of those roads were bordering on tail of the dragon levels of twisty. If you guys haven't heard of it it's 318 corners in 11 miles https://www.google.com/maps/place/Tail+ … 83.9202515

If one of you guys can find a road like that here I'll buy you a case of beer.

How far are you willing to go?  I could use a case of beer after last week.

EDIT:  Last week:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/lizzardo/F-Type/roadside_zpsiyvutaao.jpg


2005 9-2X Linear --> sold | Volvo C30 R-Design 6MT --> sold
A Real Saab and a LeMONS Saab - 1978 99 Turbo and 1979 900 Turbo
A non-SAAB - MV F4 312R - Once, the most mental bike ever made
1991 Miata w/Hard top while this gets fixed -> Jaguar F-Type V6s w/6MT - commuter

Offline

 

#256 2016-05-16 15:30:52

ikbrown
long live R0LO!
From: Fair Oaks, CA
Registered: 2011-10-06
User Number: 6094
Posts: 4830

Re: How many Bay Area 9-2x'ers are left?

Bummer!! Damn. What happened? Hopefully someone with insurance?

Is that your turn signal fluid on the ground?  star


2005 Saab 92x Aero 5MT | The basic mods, Stage 2.04
1968 Dodge Charger 383 | WIP, restored almost everything but body work
2014 Subaru Forester | Wife's car

Offline

 

#257 2016-05-16 16:01:55

lizzardo
Sooper Genius
Supporter
From: SF Bay Area, CA.
Registered: 2005-06-04
User Number: 158
Posts: 4377

Re: How many Bay Area 9-2x'ers are left?

ikbrown wrote:

Bummer!! Damn. What happened? Hopefully someone with insurance?

Traffic stopped, so did I.  She did not.  I asked either roadside assistance of CHP if she'd been rear-ended and was to that no, she had not.  That's what she told her insurance company though.  Hopefully, she was confused from getting a face full of airbag and will tell a different story now.  Her speed and following distance had been erratic before that, so I suspect texting.  We'll see how it plays out.  I don't want to involve my insurance company, but will if necessary.  I'm sure they have a pretty big legal department.

ikbrown wrote:

Is that your turn signal fluid on the ground?  star

Yes.  The reservoir is in the rear for better weight distribution.  It lasts a long too, because the LED turn signals are very efficient.

The bad part:  Only one shop in the East Bay is certified by Jaguar to work on the all-aluminum cars.  They declined to give an estimate without taking it apart, but said they'd have the car for months.  I'm sure the repair bill will greatly exceed what I paid for my Linear, brand new.

Oh, and I only just sold the C30, so I'll be in a shitty rental car through the summer.


2005 9-2X Linear --> sold | Volvo C30 R-Design 6MT --> sold
A Real Saab and a LeMONS Saab - 1978 99 Turbo and 1979 900 Turbo
A non-SAAB - MV F4 312R - Once, the most mental bike ever made
1991 Miata w/Hard top while this gets fixed -> Jaguar F-Type V6s w/6MT - commuter

Offline

 

#258 2016-05-16 18:25:23

sohlman
21O2OLOR
From: Sacramento, CA
Registered: 2013-10-29
User Number: 11977
Posts: 1421

Re: How many Bay Area 9-2x'ers are left?

lizzardo wrote:

ikbrown wrote:

Bummer!! Damn. What happened? Hopefully someone with insurance?

Traffic stopped, so did I.  She did not.  I asked either roadside assistance of CHP if she'd been rear-ended and was to that no, she had not.  That's what she told her insurance company though.  Hopefully, she was confused from getting a face full of airbag and will tell a different story now.  Her speed and following distance had been erratic before that, so I suspect texting.  We'll see how it plays out.  I don't want to involve my insurance company, but will if necessary.  I'm sure they have a pretty big legal department.

ikbrown wrote:

Is that your turn signal fluid on the ground?  star

Yes.  The reservoir is in the rear for better weight distribution.  It lasts a long too, because the LED turn signals are very efficient.

The bad part:  Only one shop in the East Bay is certified by Jaguar to work on the all-aluminum cars.  They declined to give an estimate without taking it apart, but said they'd have the car for months.  I'm sure the repair bill will greatly exceed what I paid for my Linear, brand new.

Oh, and I only just sold the C30, so I'll be in a shitty rental car through the summer.

Holy shit  sadbanana

Can't you demand a rental car equal to your car? Maybe from https://www.gothamdreamcars.com/exotic- … francisco/


06' Silver Aero 5MT - Cobb Turboback, Stage II  93 octane tune, ST coilovers (KW Variant1s), Cobb short shifter, 22mm front and 24mm rear whiteline sways and endlinks, engine rebuild (Manley forged rods and pistons)
White 2015 WRX - Whiteline rear swaybar, Perrin brass shifter bushing, Cobb J pipe, Cobb Accessport, custom buzzard damage

Offline

 

#259 2016-05-16 21:03:11

lizzardo
Sooper Genius
Supporter
From: SF Bay Area, CA.
Registered: 2005-06-04
User Number: 158
Posts: 4377

Re: How many Bay Area 9-2x'ers are left?

sohlman wrote:

Holy shit  sadbanana

Can't you demand a rental car equal to your car? Maybe from https://www.gothamdreamcars.com/exotic- … francisco/

I'll start by hoping they admit fault.

You were asking about roads.  I wasn't kidding.  How far are you willing to range?  318 corners in 11 miles?  Pfffft.  I've got one that's about triple that.


2005 9-2X Linear --> sold | Volvo C30 R-Design 6MT --> sold
A Real Saab and a LeMONS Saab - 1978 99 Turbo and 1979 900 Turbo
A non-SAAB - MV F4 312R - Once, the most mental bike ever made
1991 Miata w/Hard top while this gets fixed -> Jaguar F-Type V6s w/6MT - commuter

Offline

 

#260 2016-05-16 21:09:44

sohlman
21O2OLOR
From: Sacramento, CA
Registered: 2013-10-29
User Number: 11977
Posts: 1421

Re: How many Bay Area 9-2x'ers are left?

lizzardo wrote:

sohlman wrote:

Holy shit  sadbanana

Can't you demand a rental car equal to your car? Maybe from https://www.gothamdreamcars.com/exotic- … francisco/

I'll start by hoping they admit fault.

You were asking about roads.  I wasn't kidding.  How far are you willing to range?  318 corners in 11 miles?  Pfffft.  I've got one that's about triple that.

If they rear ended you it should automatically be deemed their fault.

I'm driving across most of the state in August, if it's in CA I may just be able to hit it up.


06' Silver Aero 5MT - Cobb Turboback, Stage II  93 octane tune, ST coilovers (KW Variant1s), Cobb short shifter, 22mm front and 24mm rear whiteline sways and endlinks, engine rebuild (Manley forged rods and pistons)
White 2015 WRX - Whiteline rear swaybar, Perrin brass shifter bushing, Cobb J pipe, Cobb Accessport, custom buzzard damage

Offline

 

#261 2016-05-16 22:32:28

lizzardo
Sooper Genius
Supporter
From: SF Bay Area, CA.
Registered: 2005-06-04
User Number: 158
Posts: 4377

Re: How many Bay Area 9-2x'ers are left?

sohlman wrote:

If they rear ended you it should automatically be deemed their fault.

I'm driving across most of the state in August, if it's in CA I may just be able to hit it up.

She was saying she got rear-ended and pushed into me.  I believe she is "mistaken."

Just south of here, with nice access from a couple of major freeways, is a bit of road that I think is about 65 miles and about 1000 turns.  It's one of the local motorcycle favorites.


2005 9-2X Linear --> sold | Volvo C30 R-Design 6MT --> sold
A Real Saab and a LeMONS Saab - 1978 99 Turbo and 1979 900 Turbo
A non-SAAB - MV F4 312R - Once, the most mental bike ever made
1991 Miata w/Hard top while this gets fixed -> Jaguar F-Type V6s w/6MT - commuter

Offline

 

#262 2016-06-19 16:42:11

kornfeld
Member
Supporter
From: San Francisco
Registered: 2008-01-22
User Number: 2503
Posts: 11465

Re: How many Bay Area 9-2x'ers are left?

lizzardo wrote:

Just south of here, with nice access from a couple of major freeways, is a bit of road that I think is about 65 miles and about 1000 turns.  It's one of the local motorcycle favorites.

Do tell.

And so sorry to see your car in that condition. I know how long you waited just to get it.  sadbanana


Der Schuh
.
.

Offline

 

#263 2016-06-20 12:01:12

ikbrown
long live R0LO!
From: Fair Oaks, CA
Registered: 2011-10-06
User Number: 6094
Posts: 4830

Re: How many Bay Area 9-2x'ers are left?

arrow-up Long time no kornfeld. Also, yes, do tell about said twisty road!


2005 Saab 92x Aero 5MT | The basic mods, Stage 2.04
1968 Dodge Charger 383 | WIP, restored almost everything but body work
2014 Subaru Forester | Wife's car

Offline

 

#264 2016-06-20 19:45:47

TNAero2005
Member
Registered: 2016-05-14
User Number: 36665
Posts: 23

Re: How many Bay Area 9-2x'ers are left?

I live very near the dragon........what a wild stretch of road.  But another biker died there a few days ago.  Havent had my  92x long enough to take it there but sounds like a good idea.


2005 Saabaru Aero 5MT, 1994 Integra jdm built GSR, 1995 Impala SS Candy blue 20s, 1994 Jeep Wrangler 5sp body & suspension lift 35s, 2003 Acura TL Type S, 2003 Honda CRV, 1966 Chevelle SS Clone 402 BB, 1999 Chevy Silverado LT, 1992 Honda Civic VX Gas Miser, 2005 Ninja 250R, 1999 Corolla,  1986 Toyota Truck........Admitted Car Hoarder.........and knowing is half the battle.

Offline

 

#265 2016-06-20 20:50:55

lizzardo
Sooper Genius
Supporter
From: SF Bay Area, CA.
Registered: 2005-06-04
User Number: 158
Posts: 4377

Re: How many Bay Area 9-2x'ers are left?

The other driver's insurance performed sufficient investigation and decided to accept 100% liability.  The likelihood of getting my car back before August seems low.

Shitty rental car?  I opted otherwise.  I got a daily allowance, so bought a remarkably clean 1991 Miata.  It has the factory hard top, and is unrestored and unmolested.  I got it from a friend who put on tires, brakes, and decent (but stock-like) shocks.  I added an alignment and a sway bar kit from Flyin' Miata.  I thought I might turn it into a track toy later, but:

1)  It's too clean
2)  It's too small

I can see the appeal, and really wonder if I can find a car that gives me the same direct connection to the driving experience with a little more room inside.

As for the road ...

The earlier offer was a case of beer, but I got no response.  Because I'm such an awesome dude, I'll tell anyway.  There is a place called The Junction.  No matter how you get there or how you leave, it's worth it.  From Livermore, go south on Mines Rd.  From San Jose, go over Mt. Hamilton.  From I5, exit in Patterson and take Del Puerto Canyon.  Sunday mornings are big with the motorcyclists.  Be careful.  Mines has a section that is pretty much a lane and a half, shared by both directions.  Don't cut blind corners.  Sometimes you need to deal with sand and gravel, so don't go over your head.  Penalties for running out of talent and/or road can be severe.


2005 9-2X Linear --> sold | Volvo C30 R-Design 6MT --> sold
A Real Saab and a LeMONS Saab - 1978 99 Turbo and 1979 900 Turbo
A non-SAAB - MV F4 312R - Once, the most mental bike ever made
1991 Miata w/Hard top while this gets fixed -> Jaguar F-Type V6s w/6MT - commuter

Offline

 

#266 2016-07-07 01:01:09

sohlman
21O2OLOR
From: Sacramento, CA
Registered: 2013-10-29
User Number: 11977
Posts: 1421

Re: How many Bay Area 9-2x'ers are left?

lizzardo wrote:

The other driver's insurance performed sufficient investigation and decided to accept 100% liability.  The likelihood of getting my car back before August seems low.

Shitty rental car?  I opted otherwise.  I got a daily allowance, so bought a remarkably clean 1991 Miata.  It has the factory hard top, and is unrestored and unmolested.  I got it from a friend who put on tires, brakes, and decent (but stock-like) shocks.  I added an alignment and a sway bar kit from Flyin' Miata.  I thought I might turn it into a track toy later, but:

1)  It's too clean
2)  It's too small

I can see the appeal, and really wonder if I can find a car that gives me the same direct connection to the driving experience with a little more room inside.

As for the road ...

The earlier offer was a case of beer, but I got no response.  Because I'm such an awesome dude, I'll tell anyway.  There is a place called The Junction.  No matter how you get there or how you leave, it's worth it.  From Livermore, go south on Mines Rd.  From San Jose, go over Mt. Hamilton.  From I5, exit in Patterson and take Del Puerto Canyon.  Sunday mornings are big with the motorcyclists.  Be careful.  Mines has a section that is pretty much a land and a half, shared by both directions.  Don't cut blind corners.  Sometimes you need to deal with sand and gravel, so don't go over your head.  Penalties for running out of talent and/or road can be severe.

Damn Just looked it up http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/836/C … rW1Ua.dpbs

130 looks  up up up up I might be down to do a big 9-2X meetup there at some point. I just wish it was closer.


06' Silver Aero 5MT - Cobb Turboback, Stage II  93 octane tune, ST coilovers (KW Variant1s), Cobb short shifter, 22mm front and 24mm rear whiteline sways and endlinks, engine rebuild (Manley forged rods and pistons)
White 2015 WRX - Whiteline rear swaybar, Perrin brass shifter bushing, Cobb J pipe, Cobb Accessport, custom buzzard damage

Offline

 

#267 2016-07-07 13:31:22

ikbrown
long live R0LO!
From: Fair Oaks, CA
Registered: 2011-10-06
User Number: 6094
Posts: 4830

Re: How many Bay Area 9-2x'ers are left?

Yea that looks like a fun road for sure! Down to drive out that way for the drive. Steve, get your Jag back on the road and we can meet you there - that will be around Sept now right?


2005 Saab 92x Aero 5MT | The basic mods, Stage 2.04
1968 Dodge Charger 383 | WIP, restored almost everything but body work
2014 Subaru Forester | Wife's car

Offline

 

#268 2016-07-07 14:51:08

sohlman
21O2OLOR
From: Sacramento, CA
Registered: 2013-10-29
User Number: 11977
Posts: 1421

Re: How many Bay Area 9-2x'ers are left?

ikbrown wrote:

Yea that looks like a fun road for sure! Down to drive out that way for the drive. Steve, get your Jag back on the road and we can meet you there - that will be around Sept now right?

It would be good to try and set a date now so we can try and get more cars to show up.


06' Silver Aero 5MT - Cobb Turboback, Stage II  93 octane tune, ST coilovers (KW Variant1s), Cobb short shifter, 22mm front and 24mm rear whiteline sways and endlinks, engine rebuild (Manley forged rods and pistons)
White 2015 WRX - Whiteline rear swaybar, Perrin brass shifter bushing, Cobb J pipe, Cobb Accessport, custom buzzard damage

Offline

 

#269 2016-07-07 15:04:23

ikbrown
long live R0LO!
From: Fair Oaks, CA
Registered: 2011-10-06
User Number: 6094
Posts: 4830

Re: How many Bay Area 9-2x'ers are left?

Lets indeed. BAM is Sept 18th, not sure if I'll be going but we could use that as an excuse to be out there in the bay and do the canyon run on the way back? The caravan from Sac-the bay is cool so we wouldn't want to miss that on the way there.


2005 Saab 92x Aero 5MT | The basic mods, Stage 2.04
1968 Dodge Charger 383 | WIP, restored almost everything but body work
2014 Subaru Forester | Wife's car

Offline

 

#270 2016-07-08 18:44:28

sohlman
21O2OLOR
From: Sacramento, CA
Registered: 2013-10-29
User Number: 11977
Posts: 1421

Re: How many Bay Area 9-2x'ers are left?

ikbrown wrote:

Lets indeed. BAM is Sept 18th, not sure if I'll be going but we could use that as an excuse to be out there in the bay and do the canyon run on the way back? The caravan from Sac-the bay is cool so we wouldn't want to miss that on the way there.

Not too sure I want to attend BAM either. Big Subaru meets always tend to attract a certain crowd if you know what I mean. The last one I went to in NC people were going ridiculously fast through downtown Raleigh and revving at every light and stop sign.

Sept 18th should work for me I just want to make sure we leave Sac pretty early to avoid traffic especially on 130.

Last edited by sohlman (2016-07-08 18:47:10)


06' Silver Aero 5MT - Cobb Turboback, Stage II  93 octane tune, ST coilovers (KW Variant1s), Cobb short shifter, 22mm front and 24mm rear whiteline sways and endlinks, engine rebuild (Manley forged rods and pistons)
White 2015 WRX - Whiteline rear swaybar, Perrin brass shifter bushing, Cobb J pipe, Cobb Accessport, custom buzzard damage

Offline

 

#271 2016-07-08 18:49:37

sohlman
21O2OLOR
From: Sacramento, CA
Registered: 2013-10-29
User Number: 11977
Posts: 1421

Re: How many Bay Area 9-2x'ers are left?

ikbrown wrote:

Steve, get your Jag back on the road and we can meet you there - that will be around Sept now right?

If Steve comes I'll bring that case I owe him  biggrin


06' Silver Aero 5MT - Cobb Turboback, Stage II  93 octane tune, ST coilovers (KW Variant1s), Cobb short shifter, 22mm front and 24mm rear whiteline sways and endlinks, engine rebuild (Manley forged rods and pistons)
White 2015 WRX - Whiteline rear swaybar, Perrin brass shifter bushing, Cobb J pipe, Cobb Accessport, custom buzzard damage

Offline

 

#272 2016-07-08 20:53:04

aj916
Member
From: Sacramento
Registered: 2015-03-30
User Number: 29913
Posts: 98

Re: How many Bay Area 9-2x'ers are left?

I'm in for whatever on the 18th (BAM or not). Also down for some local runs in the meantime. Gotta test out my new 4 pot/2 pots and stoptech pads/rotors!!


2005 Brilliant Red Aero 5MT - AP V3 Stage 2 - BPM turbo back - Grimmspeed up pipe - Perrin 25mm rear sway, endlinks and stout mounts - 17x8 O.Z. Ultraleggera w/ Hankook Ventus V12 evo - Subaru 4pot/2pot and stoptech rotors/pads

Offline

 

#273 2016-07-08 21:56:22

lizzardo
Sooper Genius
Supporter
From: SF Bay Area, CA.
Registered: 2005-06-04
User Number: 158
Posts: 4377

Re: How many Bay Area 9-2x'ers are left?

At this point, I don't know when I'll get the Jaguar back.  I sure hope it's by September, but there's no telling.  It's been eight weeks already and I don't think they've got parts yet.

In the meantime, I've got a Gen 1 Miata that I'm flogging.  It's a different kind of fun.  I wish it were a little bigger (inside) but it beats any rental they would have provided.  Since I pulled the hard top last weekend, I've been running with the soft top.  Drove home today with the top down.  I can see why these things have such a loyal following.


2005 9-2X Linear --> sold | Volvo C30 R-Design 6MT --> sold
A Real Saab and a LeMONS Saab - 1978 99 Turbo and 1979 900 Turbo
A non-SAAB - MV F4 312R - Once, the most mental bike ever made
1991 Miata w/Hard top while this gets fixed -> Jaguar F-Type V6s w/6MT - commuter

Offline

 

#274 2016-07-09 02:56:23

sohlman
21O2OLOR
From: Sacramento, CA
Registered: 2013-10-29
User Number: 11977
Posts: 1421

Re: How many Bay Area 9-2x'ers are left?

aj916 wrote:

I'm in for whatever on the 18th (BAM or not). Also down for some local runs in the meantime. Gotta test out my new 4 pot/2 pots and stoptech pads/rotors!!

I'd be down to do a local run pretty soon we just have to wait for Ian to fix his suspension  shifty


06' Silver Aero 5MT - Cobb Turboback, Stage II  93 octane tune, ST coilovers (KW Variant1s), Cobb short shifter, 22mm front and 24mm rear whiteline sways and endlinks, engine rebuild (Manley forged rods and pistons)
White 2015 WRX - Whiteline rear swaybar, Perrin brass shifter bushing, Cobb J pipe, Cobb Accessport, custom buzzard damage

Offline

 

#275 2016-08-01 19:05:27

kornfeld
Member
Supporter
From: San Francisco
Registered: 2008-01-22
User Number: 2503
Posts: 11465

Re: How many Bay Area 9-2x'ers are left?

sohlman wrote:

130 looks  up up up up

I completely forgot to reply to all of this...thanks for the recommendation, Steve.  I can verify that 130 between San Jose and Lick Observatory is absolutely silly (I haven't continued down the mountain toward the junction).  I drove up there for a night event at the observatory, and couldn't believe how twisty it was. Apparently it was originally laid down as the road for horses and buggies to go from the Bay Area up to the observatory, so it probably wasn't that twisty given the speeds they would go at, but in a car it's incredible. The only downside is that it's quite narrow with almost no room for error (and it sounds like Mines road is similar, if not worse).  This narrowness is also a result of the horse and buggy history to it.

Here's a link: https://goo.gl/maps/kgHVUbBHATH2

Anyway, I highly recommend it, and would be willing to bet it's at least comparable to the tail of the dragon, if not, twistier (at least based on looking at the map of the roads).


Der Schuh
.
.

Offline

 

Board footer

Site problems, bugs, or questions? Contact Administrator
All content copyright Saab92x.com 2005-2010
SAAB and the SAAB logos are trademarks of Saab Cars USA, Inc.