saab92x.com - Over 10% of all 9-2x owners registered

Saab92x.com is dedicated to the discussion of the Saab 9-2x sport wagon, based on the Subaru WRX.
Please register or login to post.

Welcome to Saab92x.com!
Saab92X.com is the premier Saab92X forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

#76 2016-10-03 20:50:05

dotmaster206
User Number: 7123

Re: Look at my red rocket.

arrow-up arrow-up Dat is nice.

Steering rack replacement went pretty smoothly, really. I did a bad job of getting the steering wheel centered, so when the car was driving straight the wheel was turned about 100deg to the right. So, I had to pull the u-joint off and re-center, but other than that it was quite smooth. I brought it to a Les Schwab tire place that is about 3 blocks from my house and they fixed my toe up real nice. The rest of my alignment specs were in great shape already, so only $56  banana

I had the typical wheel shudder thing going on when turning for maybe 5 miles or so of first driving, but it's already pretty much totally smooth. I think the air is all out of the system and it feels great.

I also took the opportunity to re-grease my front sway bar bushings since I had to pull the mounts of the sway bar off to get to the bolts that hold the rack in place. I think most people wouldn't need to do that, but my giant 27mm bar was juuuust slightly too big to let me get a socket over one of the bolts. The bushings weren't making squeaky noises yet, but they were pretty dry so it was good that I did it.

Remove Advertisements Advertisement

Saab92X.com

#77 2016-12-18 12:34:09

dotmaster206
User Number: 7123

Spent the better part of a day this weekend replacing my power steering pump. I guess I should have just done it when I did the rack, but it didn't end up being a huge deal in terms of fluids and stuff. What a pain in the ass that job is though - the rear 12mm bolt on the back of the bracket to the block is just...terrible. I did have a flex socket for it, but it was still a big deal getting it back in.

I broke one of the little tubing connectors to the evap solenoid that sits behind the pump there. Apparently it's $150 to replace. I used some tubing I had laying around to replace that connector. If I start having issues as a result, I'll replace the solenoid, but it seems to be fine.

#78 2016-12-18 20:14:21

Rodman
User Number: 1046

I also broke that solenoid when I replaced the power steering pump on my first aero, the local Subaru parts people know me well and sold me the part for $100. Lucky me I guess, but they had in stock. With the solenoid broken I had the check engine light on, coincidentally, that was the only time ever that car had the check engine light on.

2005 satin gray metalic aero, sold.
2005 black aero, rescue project, jdm STi ver 7 drivetrain.
2008 Subaru Outback 2.5i 5 speed manual daily driver.
2006 WRX, smoked, should've never betrayed 2.0L love.

Board footer

Site problems, bugs, or questions? Contact Administrator
All content copyright Saab92x.com 2005-2010
SAAB and the SAAB logos are trademarks of Saab Cars USA, Inc.