saab92x.com - Over 10% of all 9-2x owners registered

Saab92x.com is dedicated to the discussion of the Saab 9-2x sport wagon, based on the Subaru WRX.
Please register or login to post.

Welcome to Saab92x.com!
Saab92X.com is the premier Saab92X forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

#26 2016-07-12 17:08:28

ikbrown
long live R0LO!
User Number: 6094

Re: My 2005 Brilliant Red 5MT Aero

They were fading because you were driving like a MADMAN!!!!!! hahaha.

Those look great though  up

2005 Saab 92x Aero 5MT | The basic mods, Stage 2.04
1968 Dodge Charger 383 | WIP, restored almost everything but body work
2014 Subaru Forester | Wife's car

Remove Advertisements Advertisement

Saab92X.com

#27 2016-07-12 17:11:19

sohlman
21O2OLOR
User Number: 11977

ikbrown wrote:

Haha he was. I was right about at what I thought was the limit for my car. I still can't believe you're on stock suspension.

I'm getting parts to go Stage II next week. We need to make another canyon run happen sometime soon.

06' Silver Aero 5MT - Cobb Turboback, Stage II  93 octane tune, ST coilovers (KW Variant1s), Cobb short shifter, 22mm front and 24mm rear whiteline sways and endlinks, engine rebuild (Manley forged rods and pistons)
White 2015 WRX - Whiteline rear swaybar, Perrin brass shifter bushing, Cobb J pipe, Cobb Accessport, custom buzzard damage

#28 2016-07-12 17:17:14

aj916
User Number: 29913

sohlman wrote:

ikbrown wrote:

Haha he was. I was right about at what I thought was the limit for my car. I still can't believe you're on stock suspension.

I'm getting parts to go Stage II next week. We need to make another canyon run happen sometime soon.

arrow-up  roxor Sweet
Ha yeah, that was a good time for sure. I am around all summer so pretty much any weekend I can hit up cars and coffee or go for a drive. I know you guys have weekday obligations but I might try to go out sometime soon on a weekday and see what the traffic is like.  driving

2005 Brilliant Red Aero 5MT - AP V3 Stage 2 - BPM turbo back - Grimmspeed up pipe - Perrin 25mm rear sway, endlinks and stout mounts - 17x8 O.Z. Ultraleggera w/ Hankook Ventus V12 evo - Subaru 4pot/2pot and stoptech rotors/pads

#29 2016-12-27 21:08:12

aj916

So I landed a set of fortune auto 500 series coilovers on black friday. They usually sell all of their scratched and dented products for some percentage off. Apparently they ran out of them and the system crashed so I got a brand new set for the scratch and dent pricing.  big_smile

They finally showed up last week, and I installed them the Saturday before Christmas.
http://i.imgur.com/lL5Hml0.jpg

So Glad to finally get rid of the stock ride height...
http://i.imgur.com/fUocSUw.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Pfg0ku2.jpg

I love how they ride so far and can't wait to get a good alignment and hit the canyons. On that note, I had to screw with the rear toe because the inside lip of the rim was hitting against the lower collar of the coilover on the driver side. I guess i'll have to see if an alignment shop will be able to get stock toe specs and keep from hitting the shock collar.

Last edited by aj916 (2016-12-27 21:09:46)

2005 Brilliant Red Aero 5MT - AP V3 Stage 2 - BPM turbo back - Grimmspeed up pipe - Perrin 25mm rear sway, endlinks and stout mounts - 17x8 O.Z. Ultraleggera w/ Hankook Ventus V12 evo - Subaru 4pot/2pot and stoptech rotors/pads

#30 2017-01-05 14:41:00

Saabaru300
User Number: 7948

Very nice set of Coilovers. I'll be getting a set of Feal 441 Coilovers for my Red Saabaru STI this winter season. Can't wait for rear camber adjustment and ride height adjustability. Then I can't wait for the first track day with them. big_smile

2005 Saab 9-2x Aero, Red, Leather, HID's, Winter Package, Manual Trans
JDM Ver 8 EJ207 - RCI 1000cc Injectors, EBCS, Intake, BPV, Catless TBE, Pro-Tuned: 306awhp & 276wtq
JDM FSTI 6mt w/ JDM Ver8 Widetrack STI Drivetrain, 5x114.3 & Brembo Brakes - STI Struts & Lowering Springs, Front MSI Camber Plates
2003 Subaru Legacy L Special Edition, Silver, Auto Trans (Daily Driver/Winter Car)

#31 2017-01-05 15:06:42

ikbrown
long live R0LO!

Missed this update, very cool! Glad you're no longer rocking stock height. How did toe adjustment help clear the shock collar? Wouldn't spacers help to push it out? You don't want the toe to be off cuz then you'l eat tires.

Interested in a ride-along to see how it rides. Half still interested in getting coilovers but maintenance and other priorities keep pushing that purchase off into the horizon. ha

#32 2017-01-05 19:16:27

sohlman
21O2OLOR
User Number: 11977

I missed it too. Looks sick! I'd recommend getting some camber bolts for the rear if you haven't done alignment yet. Don't be like I was and eat a set of tires before realizing lowering your car changes rear camber which isn't factory adjustable.

06' Silver Aero 5MT - Cobb Turboback, Stage II  93 octane tune, ST coilovers (KW Variant1s), Cobb short shifter, 22mm front and 24mm rear whiteline sways and endlinks, engine rebuild (Manley forged rods and pistons)
White 2015 WRX - Whiteline rear swaybar, Perrin brass shifter bushing, Cobb J pipe, Cobb Accessport, custom buzzard damage

#33 2017-01-05 23:52:35

aj916

Saabaru300 wrote:

Very nice set of Coilovers. I'll be getting a set of Feal 441 Coilovers for my Red Saabaru STI this winter season. Can't wait for rear camber adjustment and ride height adjustability. Then I can't wait for the first track day with them. big_smile

Thanks! Yeah I opted out of the rear camber plates but that would have been helpful considering I'm having some issues with alignment.  facepalm

ikbrown wrote:

Missed this update, very cool! Glad you're no longer rocking stock height. How did toe adjustment help clear the shock collar? Wouldn't spacers help to push it out? You don't want the toe to be off cuz then you'l eat tires.

Interested in a ride-along to see how it rides. Half still interested in getting coilovers but maintenance and other priorities keep pushing that purchase off into the horizon. ha

Thanks man, yeah next time we meet up you'll have to take a ride. Since the shock mount is not in the center of the hub, the bolt on the lateral link had enough adjustability to clear the shock collar. Its not  a whole lot different (maybe less than a degree) plus the car tracks pretty straight as it sits. I'll get an alignment soon but it's good for the little bit of driving I do to work and back.

sohlman wrote:

I missed it too. Looks sick! I'd recommend getting some camber bolts for the rear if you haven't done alignment yet. Don't be like I was and eat a set of tires before realizing lowering your car changes rear camber which isn't factory adjustable.

Haha, yeah I am really happy with the look. Plus I just did the koji mod so I am liking the aesthetics of my car a whole lot more now. I did purchase some Eibach camber bolts for the rear that I will throw on the car before taking it in for the alignment.

#34 2017-01-06 11:50:09

ikbrown
long live R0LO!

aj916 wrote:

Thanks man, yeah next time we meet up you'll have to take a ride. Since the shock mount is not in the center of the hub, the bolt on the lateral link had enough adjustability to clear the shock collar. Its not  a whole lot different (maybe less than a degree) plus the car tracks pretty straight as it sits. I'll get an alignment soon but it's good for the little bit of driving I do to work and back.

Ah got it. I was assuming it sat even w/ the hub, that makes sense if it was very slight that a toe adjustment could make it work. As long as it's very little and tracking straight seems ok - I'd defer to the numbers on your alignment though and ask to minimze toe as much you can. Lol, when I first installed my adjustable lateral links the alignment was so effed. Even w/ measuring the link length and counting threads to get them the same size I had to adjust them to eye-ball straight before taking it on the street. Definitely down for a ride-along. Post a pic of your koji mod too! Did you DIY that?

#35 2017-01-06 15:41:00

BlkSaabaru4Me
Monkey W/ Wrench
User Number: 5379

I was looking into getting a set of fortune auto 510 series coilovers for my track car, nissan 240sx, I would love to hear your opinion of the 500 series.

Car looks great man, lets see some more pics!

Black 05' Aero - 5MT - Cold - Current DD 
Cobb Protune, VF-48, 850cc, turbo inlet, 3-port EBCS, SPT w/ Shield,  3" DP, STi UP, STi Cat-back, STi TMIC w/ diffuser, GS BMCB, Kartboy SS+ bushings,
Whiteline (22)FSB/(24)RSB, Whiteline RSTB w/ quick release, IXIZ HD, IXIZ PSP, STi 11mm Oil pump, Gates Racing TB, STi shift knob, WRX 17x8 w/ 225/45

#36 2017-01-07 02:04:29

aj916

ikbrown wrote:

aj916 wrote:

Ah got it. I was assuming it sat even w/ the hub, that makes sense if it was very slight that a toe adjustment could make it work. As long as it's very little and tracking straight seems ok - I'd defer to the numbers on your alignment though and ask to minimze toe as much you can. Lol, when I first installed my adjustable lateral links the alignment was so effed. Even w/ measuring the link length and counting threads to get them the same size I had to adjust them to eye-ball straight before taking it on the street. Definitely down for a ride-along. Post a pic of your koji mod too! Did you DIY that?

Yeah I agree numbers are where it's at. Yeah I did the Koji mod myself. It was definitely a scary thing to do but I'm happy with the results. I'll try to get some more pics up soon. Weather hasn't been in agreement here.  hmm

#37 2017-01-07 02:08:57

aj916

BlkSaabaru4Me wrote:

I was looking into getting a set of fortune auto 510 series coilovers for my track car, nissan 240sx, I would love to hear your opinion of the 500 series.

Car looks great man, lets see some more pics!

Thanks! I will give a more technical review of the coilovers after doing some enthusiastic driving. Hard to compare to anything since I have never had a car with coilover suspension before. The 510's would be nice for sure, especially since they come with swift springs. I chose fortune auto mainly for the modularity of their product line. I'm looking forward to being able to upgrade the set I have in the future.

Board footer

Site problems, bugs, or questions? Contact Administrator
All content copyright Saab92x.com 2005-2010
SAAB and the SAAB logos are trademarks of Saab Cars USA, Inc.