saab92x.com - Over 10% of all 9-2x owners registered

Saab92x.com is dedicated to the discussion of the Saab 9-2x sport wagon, based on the Subaru WRX.
Please register or login to post.

Welcome to Saab92x.com!
Saab92X.com is the premier Saab92X forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

#1 2015-08-27 21:50:32

hyperboarder
WhosaChris?
Supporter
User Number: 2114
Website

ESB - Elite SpecBeige

Or more colloquially, Epic ShitBoxes, a 2016 summer race series.  Trying to put together a fun set of events with the local Motorsports club, looking for input.

The genesis of this idea came earlier this year when someone suggested that our local autocross chapter have a Spec Beige series that consisted solely of early 90's Toyota Camrys.  I love shitbox racing and the lack of stress that comes with it.  That got my brain working and I've come up with the following:

Car requirements - 1985-1995 manual transmission 4-6 cylinder sedan, budget of $1000 to purchase and get it operational.  Does not need to be street legal, strip out as much as you want that's doesn't compromise driver safety.  Unlimited repair parts budget over the series but all parts must be OEM equivalent.  Cheating, if caught, will garner penalties.  Additional $500 budget for wheels and tires, but only one set may be used for all events in the series.  If damaged unintentionally beyond repair, tires may be replaced without penalty.  Car tech requirements apply per each individual series event.

Teams - Cars may be co-driven by teams of up to 3 to help with overall cost.  Additionally sponsorships may be obtained to cover costs, but do not change any budget requirements.

Events - Each team member must drive at least one autocross, drag, and rallycross event over the series.  Each driver must also complete one additional event from a predetermined list (e.g. TSD rally, drift, hillclimb, track day at Miller, etc.).  Additionally, each car (not necessarily each team member) must attend FormFest (local car show) to participate in public judging.

Scoring - Points will be awarded based on performance at each event.  If multiple events are driven, the highest scoring event is counted.  Bonus points will be awarded for FormFest judging winners and other miscellaneous items over the series.  Points will be subtracted for missing events or if cheating is discovered.

Thoughts?  Additions/subtractions?

Remove Advertisements Advertisement

Saab92X.com

#2 2015-08-27 22:41:02

racerjim
Headroom is overrated...
Supporter
User Number: 247

Re: ESB - Elite SpecBeige

You sure the driving would be fun enough in shitbox sedans?  Why not open it up to coupes and even roadsters?  Thanks for including TSD, still my favorite sport that uses cars.

Did you hear that Miller got sold to the Chinese?

My Car:  2009 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG
SOLD August 2016:  2005 Saab 9-2x Aero 5-Speed, Cold, Premium, Arctic Silver
Her Car:  2013 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ

#3 2015-08-27 22:54:09

hyperboarder
WhosaChris?
Supporter
User Number: 2114
Website

Re: ESB - Elite SpecBeige

I did hear about Miller, just glad it's going to stay open.  And personally yeah, I think keeping it to sedans will level the playing field nicely.  Camry, Corolla, Civic, Accord, 323, 626, etc.  None are great.  All can still be fun.

Board footer

Site problems, bugs, or questions? Contact Administrator
All content copyright Saab92x.com 2005-2010
SAAB and the SAAB logos are trademarks of Saab Cars USA, Inc.