saab92x.com - Over 10% of all 9-2x owners registered

Saab92x.com is dedicated to the discussion of the Saab 9-2x sport wagon, based on the Subaru WRX.
Please register or login to post.

Welcome to Saab92x.com!
Saab92X.com is the premier Saab92X forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

#1 2016-06-24 11:18:50

ixiz
will drive U crazy...
Supporter
User Number: 886
Website

ANYone still do open source tune ??

Just like to know whats the latest open source software and i still have my old cable (Tactrix)

Last edited by ixiz (2016-06-24 11:22:03)

05' Black Aero 92x     MY mods
IxizConcept  --  Ixiz performance components designed specifically for 92x / Subaru's  facebook=ixizconcept

Remove Advertisements Advertisement

Saab92X.com

#2 2016-06-24 12:27:39

countriccati
User Number: 28345

Re: ANYone still do open source tune ??

Just get the latest version of ecuflash and you should be all set.

Romraider is still around too and has its uses (logging in real time), but you need ecuflash for actually flashing maps, and the editor it has is better at this point (and much less likely to result in accidentally corrupting anything).

Also, check out the Android app BtSsm, it works with the tactrix too and gives you most of the functionality of an AP (though can't flash/edit maps). The developer is also really responsive to feature requests, well worth it.

If you're looking to do stand-alone logging with the tactrix there are some ways to do that too (some of the details are in my pmr thread).

me and my aero

#3 2016-06-28 19:01:47

theleveler
Supporter
Supporter
User Number: 3752

countriccati wrote:

Just get the latest version of ecuflash and you should be all set.

Romraider is still around too and has its uses (logging in real time), but you need ecuflash for actually flashing maps, and the editor it has is better at this point (and much less likely to result in accidentally corrupting anything).

Also, check out the Android app BtSsm, it works with the tactrix too and gives you most of the functionality of an AP (though can't flash/edit maps). The developer is also really responsive to feature requests, well worth it.

If you're looking to do stand-alone logging with the tactrix there are some ways to do that too (some of the details are in my pmr thread).

Yeah I still use romraider and ecuflash.  The latest versions are better than what ixiz probably last used.  I still think this combo is a good choice for tuning/logging

TITTYWOP

#4 2016-12-02 00:16:11

smadasam
User Number: 1722
Website

You should look into Carberry ROM. 

http://www.romraider.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=36

It is the way to go with our old 16-bit ECUs.  I've been told by some tuners that it is even superior than using a COBB AP on 16 bit ECUs, and that COBB hired the guy who made it.

#5 2016-12-02 00:18:49

smadasam
User Number: 1722
Website

My 92x has an open source tune, but not CarBerry because it didn't exist last time I got a tune.

My Impreza RS with a version 8 EJ207 (16 bit ECU) will be retuned soon with CarBerry.  I have a new turbo for it laying around to install and a free tuned lined up a friend of our in Oregon.

Board footer

Site problems, bugs, or questions? Contact Administrator
All content copyright Saab92x.com 2005-2010
SAAB and the SAAB logos are trademarks of Saab Cars USA, Inc.