saab92x.com - Over 10% of all 9-2x owners registered

Saab92x.com is dedicated to the discussion of the Saab 9-2x sport wagon, based on the Subaru WRX.
Please register or login to post.

Welcome to Saab92x.com!
Saab92X.com is the premier Saab92X forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

#1 2016-12-17 20:44:06

aluokkala
User Number: 32241

WTB: Stock TD04-13T Turbo

I am looking to possibly buy a TD04-13T turbo to replace the one in my 2005 Saab 92x Aero and have others weigh in with their experience, as I've never had to deal with a bad turbo before. I just bought the car in July 2015 with 132,000 miles and now have 145,000 miles on it. I had it at the shop to have a few leaking fuel lines fixed, and while they had the intake manifold off they noticed there was some play in the shaft of my turbo that was allowing oil to leak through.

The shop said they could send my turbo out to be rebuilt, but that it would cost $400 - $600 for that plus labor to remove and install. They also said they could put a new OEM turbo in for $1500 -$1600, labor included.

If I can find an used turbo for them to install that seems like the cheapest option, but I'm also worried I might buy an used turbo that is worse than mine.

I plan to keep this car for quite a while still, and want to get this fixed as soon as possible without spending too much money. I am not looking to do any mods.  Does anyone have a good TD04-13T turbo with low miles that they would like to sell or does rebuilding my  current turbo sound like a better option? I'm not too worried about down time at this point as I have another vehicle I can drive for the time being.

If anyone has any other ideas or suggestions, feel free to share them. Thank you in advance.

Remove Advertisements Advertisement

Saab92X.com

#2 2016-12-18 09:09:23

vp277
User Number: 27208

Re: WTB: Stock TD04-13T Turbo

Used TD04s come up for sale on NASIOC on the regular basis, there's at least one now:  http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthr … light=td04
Buying used is more risky of course especially if you pay someone else for labor. I bought  a rebuilt one from this guy on ebay (http://www.ebay.com/usr/richstage4?_trk … aaaaaaaaaa) it held up for 10k miles so far...

2005 Aero

Board footer

Site problems, bugs, or questions? Contact Administrator
All content copyright Saab92x.com 2005-2010
SAAB and the SAAB logos are trademarks of Saab Cars USA, Inc.