saab92x.com - Over 10% of all 9-2x owners registered

Saab92x.com is dedicated to the discussion of the Saab 9-2x sport wagon, based on the Subaru WRX.
Please register or login to post.

Welcome to Saab92x.com!
Saab92X.com is the premier Saab92X forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

#1 2017-02-20 19:57:38

superfly
User Number: 4090

Steering wheel and Ignition issues

I think I'm having an issue with the steering wheel lock or something.  If I shut the car off with the front wheels pointed one direction or the other when I try to start the car the key will turn but then nothing.  I have to move the steering wheel around and then key in and out a few times and then I can get it to crank over.  Must be some cut off switch or something.  Like the Shifter has in PARK.  Anyways I was just wondering if anyone else has seen this issue.  It was only happening once every few months but now its getting more frequent and I'm worried I'm going to get stuck.  Thanks driving

Remove Advertisements Advertisement

Saab92X.com

#2 2017-04-15 18:46:41

superfly
User Number: 4090

Re: Steering wheel and Ignition issues

I've figured out my issue.  It is the PARK position of the automatic transmission not making the switch connection in the console so the car thinks its in gear.  It starts when shifted to Neutral when this issue creeps up.  I'll prob open it up and take a look at the switch and see if its dirty or something one day...just glad its nothing fancy in the steering column thats broken spider ...

Board footer

Site problems, bugs, or questions? Contact Administrator
All content copyright Saab92x.com 2005-2010
SAAB and the SAAB logos are trademarks of Saab Cars USA, Inc.