|Welcome to Saab92x.com!|
So... Subaru is useless when it comes to finding this part, and brand new, its around 700 before shipping and install. Can anyone help me out here? This is for the rear drive/propshaft (SAAB in Flint, MI wanted to correct me when i said driveshaft)
1) is the 2.0L WRX w/ MT driveshaft the same part for the 2.5L linear w/ MT driveshaft? if so, what is the OE part number?
2) Does anyone know of someone who has one for sale, or a company with a good chance of finding a used one from?
3) Point me in the right direction for finding a decent, low mileage preferred, driveshaft.
4) ANY HELP AT ALL
I just ordered one from Pam's Auto in MN, which took a 2 weeks to find, and another week to get in, and when it finally did, they called me and said that the Ujoints were bad on it (which is my original problem) and they couldnt source another one. Also, apparently they cant give me the OE part numbers "by policy" (probably so i dont get the part somewhere else). Also, subaru is no help, they "dont know what the saab part number is, and cant cross it".
If anyone knows any inofrmation to help me get my daily back on the road, it would be much appreicated. THANKYOU!!!
-A Desperate Man
Pretend it's a 2005 Subaru 2.5RS. That was my usual approach.
I see something on RockAuto. This thing?
http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php … mp;jsn=346
any 02-07 Impreza manual transmission driveshaft will work (RS,TS,WRX,whatever, just not STi). make sure you get the WHOLE THING (some models have a 2-piece design, if so you'd need both pieces. don't let someone sell you only 1 half of it)
- local forums (nasioc, etc)
- www.car-part.com or www.hollanderparts.com to search local junkyards
I don't see any reason why you couldn't find one for under $100
I have one, private message me if interested.