saab92x.com - Over 10% of all 9-2x owners registered

Saab92x.com is dedicated to the discussion of the Saab 9-2x sport wagon, based on the Subaru WRX.
Please register or login to post.

Welcome to Saab92x.com!
Saab92X.com is the premier Saab92X forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

#1 2005-07-08 16:34:53

LizB68
User Number: 195

Question about Leather Upholstery on Passenger Seat

My fiance noticed that the leather doesnt seem to be stitched correctly to the passenger seat on the left side.  Theres an area of about 3 inches that is loose, like someone got lazy and didnt finish attaching it correctly.  You can't see it but you can feel it if you reach your hand down the left side of the seat.  Its not like that on the driver's seat or anywhere else on the passeneger seat.  Just wondering if anyone else noticed this on their seats?

Remove Advertisements Advertisement

Saab92X.com

#2 2005-07-08 20:13:19

Spartanfool
Red 92x 5 speed Aero
Supporter
User Number: 54

Re: Question about Leather Upholstery on Passenger Seat

Liz,

I've got the same thing on mine.  Can't tell if it is design or a flaw.  I'll try to peak more at it tomorrow.

The Fool

Got Boost??

#3 2005-07-15 20:59:12

Stan
User Number: 389

Re: Question about Leather Upholstery on Passenger Seat

Hi,

When i got my car the first day, I noticed the the seems were loose and there was a small gap between the leather on the back passenger seat.  Also, there was a small cut at the front passenger panel.  They had an upholstery shop re-stich the seat and fix the cut.  They did a pretty good on the seat, but the cut on the panel looks even worst than before.  Seems like they just use the leather liquid to re-patch the panel.  Under the sun, you can see the the colors are different and the area where they patced is very smooth instead of having a little roughness on it.  The guy told me the liquid will eventually blend in to the original color.  Anyways, I will try to ask the deater to replace the panel for me if the color don't blend in in two weeks.

Stan

Board footer

Site problems, bugs, or questions? Contact Administrator
All content copyright Saab92x.com 2005-2010
SAAB and the SAAB logos are trademarks of Saab Cars USA, Inc.