saab92x.com - Over 10% of all 9-2x owners registered

Saab92x.com is dedicated to the discussion of the Saab 9-2x sport wagon, based on the Subaru WRX.
Please register or login to post.

Welcome to Saab92x.com!
Saab92X.com is the premier Saab92X forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
  • Home
  •  » Car Talk
  •  » New Subaru purchase - who should service it?

#1 2016-09-22 10:38:28

jixaw
User Number: 35856

New Subaru purchase - who should service it?

Guys ....need some opinions/recommendations..

My g/f bought a new Crosstrek earlier this year  driving. Neither of us have ever owned a new vehicle before. She asked me what she should do  - the 1st service is coming due. I know we dont legally have to use the dealer's service department to have access to warranty repairs, but what would you guys suggest?

- do you go to the dealer for the duration of the warranty?
- do you go to a certified subaru mechanic (if this exists)?
- do you go to a general import mechanic?
- do you do all the maintenance yourself?

She wants to be sure Subaru honors the warranty for any issue.

Most of the scheduled maintenance for the 1st 100k miles on a Subaru Crosstrek is pretty basic (oil changes, tune ups, etc).

Thanks guys

2005 Saab 9-2x Linear - Auto - Deep Mica Blue - Cold Weather Package - - Mods: Saabaru badges (+3 hp gain)

Remove Advertisements Advertisement

Saab92X.com

#2 2016-09-22 11:22:14

hyperboarder
WhosaChris?
Supporter
User Number: 2114
Website

Re: New Subaru purchase - who should service it?

My wife's Ford is under warranty for the next few years, for piece of mind I just take it to the dealer for oil changes.  I've done the air filters myself because it's easy and cheap, I buy through Amazon so I have a verifiable purchase date just in case.

If you have a trusted Subaru mechanic in the area that's a fine alternative as well.  I had one in CO and I would have happily taken them a new car for any work that needed done.

#3 2016-09-22 17:41:21

snowphun
User Number: 890

jixaw wrote:

Most of the scheduled maintenance for the 1st 100k miles on a Subaru Crosstrek is pretty basic (oil changes, tune ups, etc).

Basic yet very expensive at the dealerships, 30k and 60k will really impress. If you have the means, do your own maintenance, just scan the receipts and you'll be good to go. Easy car to work on too.

#4 2016-09-22 17:57:36

hammyt
0_0
Supporter
User Number: 562

hyperboarder wrote:

My wife's Ford is under warranty for the next few years, for piece of mind I just take it to the dealer for oil changes.  I've done the air filters myself because it's easy and cheap, I buy through Amazon so I have a verifiable purchase date just in case.

This is what I was doing to... til the Ford Dealer put in 5qts of 5w20 regular oil when I need 6qts of 5w30 semi-synthetic...

2005 Saab 9-2x Aero 5MT | 275whp/250wtq | 13.6@100 | SOLD
2014 Focus ST 6MT | Tuxedo Black

• Home
  •  » Car Talk
  •  » New Subaru purchase - who should service it?

Board footer

Site problems, bugs, or questions? Contact Administrator
All content copyright Saab92x.com 2005-2010
SAAB and the SAAB logos are trademarks of Saab Cars USA, Inc.