saab92x.com - Over 10% of all 9-2x owners registered

Saab92x.com is dedicated to the discussion of the Saab 9-2x sport wagon, based on the Subaru WRX.
Please register or login to post.

Welcome to Saab92x.com!
Saab92X.com is the premier Saab92X forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

#26 2008-08-29 14:32:14

scottgf
Former, Ex Dealer Guy
Supporter
User Number: 13
Website

Re: Ok, so I installed that 3rd brake light "blinky" thing...

shooter wrote:

scottgf wrote:

Hello all,
I just returned from my vacation in Cabo  embeer to find the package on my porch for the "Back off XP"  see thread below
http://saab92x.com/viewtopic.php?id=15836

I installed it today, it took me about 2 hours and works great.....
If any of you want a write up with pics, let me know....
It would take someone about 30 minutes tops if they followed my instructions....it took me 2 hours cuz I didn't know how I wanted to mount and wire it, so it was kind of a trial and error thing for a while....

I'm trying to figure out what the difference is in installation between mode one (3 short flashes/1 long flash/repeat) and mode two (5 short flashes/steady on).  The text is different (but I have to admit not entirely clear) and unless I'm not seeing straight, the two drawings on the website instructions look the same:

http://www.signaldynamics.com/products/ … xpinst.asp

Can you tell us what color wires you connected to?  Cut and splicing?  Or just tapping into them?

Also, did you do the optional back-up flasher so it blinks when you're in reverse?

Thanx!

I'll try and post more pics soon on this but for now look at the pic in the thread and on the top right you can see where I spliced into the harness for the 3rd brake light AFTER  the connector, also on the top left of the pic you can see where I grounded the thing (my bad, I was all out of black wire so I used yellow... shame on me..)
Cheers,

Scott
05 9-2x Aero 5 Spd AP Stage 2 SOLD 10/2012     94 Dodge Viper RT/10
73 Plymouth Road Runner                                  63 VW
69 Ford Cortina GT                                            12 Chevy Volt

Remove Advertisements Advertisement

Saab92X.com

#27 2008-08-29 16:20:38

macberry
My other car has two wheels
Supporter
User Number: 410

arrow-up  Any and all details of how you did this would be greatly appreciated.  How did you fish the wires for the unit all the way across?  What did you use for connectors?  And I assume you were able to re-attach the boot for the wires on the right?  Thanx!

Last edited by shooter (2008-08-29 16:23:44)

Brilliant red 5MT Aero w/premium & cold|BBS RK|AP 93 stg 2|Bosal shorty DP|STi axle back|Cobb sways|Hotchkis endlinks|Mach V springs w/KYB struts|eBay H-brace...not pink smile |eBay f/r strut braces...pink tongue |Perrin short throw shifter driving|ixizSclutch banana|Kartboy shifter/diff bushings|Crucial rad shroud|SpeedMonkee|Momo shift knob/boot|WRX dead pedal|RubberTite "go fast" mats lol

#28 2008-08-29 21:46:24

Trev
User Number: 631

shooter wrote:

scottgf wrote:

Hello all,
I just returned from my vacation in Cabo  embeer to find the package on my porch for the "Back off XP"  see thread below

It would take someone about 30 minutes tops if they followed my instructions....it took me 2 hours cuz I didn't know how I wanted to mount and wire it, so it was kind of a trial and error thing for a while....

I'm trying to figure out what the difference is in installation between mode one (3 short flashes/1 long flash/repeat) and mode two (5 short flashes/steady on).  The text is different (but I have to admit not entirely clear) and unless I'm not seeing straight, the two drawings on the website instructions look the same:

Can you tell us what color wires you connected to?  Cut and splicing?  Or just tapping into them?

Also, did you do the optional back-up flasher so it blinks when you're in reverse?

Thanx!

Look at the colour of wires used wink

#29 2008-08-29 21:54:09

macberry
My other car has two wheels
Supporter
User Number: 410

arrow-up  OK, I get it now.  roll  Cut the high mount brake light wire.  Insert the module with the correct wires inbetween.  I'd still like scottgf to explain in more deteail exactly how he did it.  Would be very helpful for a klutz like me.

Brilliant red 5MT Aero w/premium & cold|BBS RK|AP 93 stg 2|Bosal shorty DP|STi axle back|Cobb sways|Hotchkis endlinks|Mach V springs w/KYB struts|eBay H-brace...not pink smile |eBay f/r strut braces...pink tongue |Perrin short throw shifter driving|ixizSclutch banana|Kartboy shifter/diff bushings|Crucial rad shroud|SpeedMonkee|Momo shift knob/boot|WRX dead pedal|RubberTite "go fast" mats lol

#30 2008-08-29 23:30:58

scottgf
Former, Ex Dealer Guy
Supporter
Website

Ok, here is another pic
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c212/scottgf/backoff-installation013.jpg

Check out on the right top how I spliced the wires, I also fed them across to the middle where I connected the module, then ran the ground wire across to the left to use the same mounting screw that was allready there.
It's been nearly a year since I did this so I dont remember all the details, but ask away and I'll try to help.
Cheers,

Scott

#31 2008-08-29 23:32:51

scottgf
Former, Ex Dealer Guy
Supporter
Website

Trev wrote:

shooter wrote:

scottgf wrote:

Hello all,

Thanx!

Look at the colour of wires used wink

He spelled "color" wrong   biggrin

Scott

#32 2016-12-26 01:54:57

Amazing Asian
User Number: 8416

Sorry for bumping an 8 yr old thread, but wanting to confirm some wiring for this mod:

https://scontent.fsnc1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15727400_632688910247062_7395661966843780093_n.jpg?oh=3c923922535c78a5a6dc8e93960f4785&oe=58F2DD7A

Safe to assume there's only a power and ground wire to the 3rd brake light? Installing the relay flasher module for it. WB is power and B is ground? Looking to install one of these tomorrow.

Board footer

Site problems, bugs, or questions? Contact Administrator
All content copyright Saab92x.com 2005-2010
SAAB and the SAAB logos are trademarks of Saab Cars USA, Inc.