saab92x.com - Over 10% of all 9-2x owners registered

Saab92x.com is dedicated to the discussion of the Saab 9-2x sport wagon, based on the Subaru WRX.
Please register or login to post.

Welcome to Saab92x.com!
Saab92X.com is the premier Saab92X forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

#1 2017-01-03 20:52:54

armymp87
User Number: 39345

Rear Brake line help!!!!!

greetings all!
Name is Tim and i recently bought a 05' 9-2x Aero for my wife as she needed a better car in the winter (compared to her saturn that would get stuck at the site of a snowflake) when we get those wonderful snow storms here in Michigan! I didnt get a chance to look over the car before she got it :-( but she had a very trusted person aka her dad go with her for the test drive and loved it. the only problem with it i am worried about  is it has a brake line leak that has worsened since we brought it home, and to be honest i have googled everything you can imagine, stared at manuals, called every car guy i know and for the life of me i cant figure out how to repair it. The seller was told about the issue (a good friend of her dad both work at GM Proving Grounds in milford and ordered a stop-tech stainless steel brake line replacement to repair it. the only issue is i have no idea how they connect to it by looking at it.

other than that it has 101k on it interior is immaculate and maybe a small rust spot (its a Michigan car most cars here are more rust than car)

any help would be appreciated!

http://www.image-maps.com/m/private/0/pd14picg117i9gnie50407v5l2_brakes-saab.png

Remove Advertisements Advertisement

Saab92X.com

#2 2017-01-03 20:58:27

armymp87
User Number: 39345

Re: Rear Brake line help!!!!!

this is the replacement that he gave to us

https://www.rallysportdirect.com/part/b … lines-rear

im assuming im going to have to pull a rear seat out since it looks like the line snakes it way through a rubber sheet near the top of the photo?
then cut the bad part of the line out and connect the new line to the connecter at the bracket?
I have all the tools available for fixing it just no idea where to start as i have only ever done this on my old camaro,daily driver bmw and a old 72 nova. which believe it or not none of theese cars share any of the same characteristics lol go figure right?

also sorry for the poor grammar/typing/spelling....have asleep and staring at a computer monitor all day take a toll on ye old eyes!

#3 2017-01-04 07:02:06

snowphun
User Number: 890

It's hard to tell where you are in that picture, looks like close to the gas tank? That's likely the hard line from the front connecting to the hard line that goes to the wheel well. Your link is a ss line that replaces the rubber line in the wheel well, so that isn't going to help.  You'll likely need to replace the leaking hard line, that's a Subaru only part. Good luck with those fittings, they will likely break due to rust and years of being together. Might be best left to a brake shop who could fab up a new connector.

#4 2017-01-04 08:34:36

krazykarguy
Worst ninja editor, ever.
Supporter
User Number: 1944

Rust at that distribution block is quite common.

A brake shop can 'patch' it with new lines and compression fittings, but that's not ideal.

Subaru supplies pre-bent lines to replace those, all four should be replaced if they are leaking. The fuel tank and rear differential need to be removed in order to replace the rear ones correctly.

2005 Aero 5MT
2014 Ford Mustang GT Premium 6MT - Sterling Gray Metallic

Board footer

Site problems, bugs, or questions? Contact Administrator
All content copyright Saab92x.com 2005-2010
SAAB and the SAAB logos are trademarks of Saab Cars USA, Inc.