saab92x.com - Over 10% of all 9-2x owners registered

Saab92x.com is dedicated to the discussion of the Saab 9-2x sport wagon, based on the Subaru WRX.
Please register or login to post.

Welcome to Saab92x.com!
Saab92X.com is the premier Saab92X forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

#1 2017-02-20 20:52:44

Agreene15
User Number: 39977

BMW head turned saab

whats up guys? My names Allan, Im picking up a 5spd linear tomorrow. always loved saabs since my mom got a 9-3 (automatic grocery getter but i ripped it from time to time). Im 20 years old, and bought an e36 when i was 16, sold it a few months ago, and bought a mini, which was totalled (while parked) about 3 weeks later smile) Anyways, new to forums in general, excuse me if this post is considered unwelcomed, but ive always just read forms when i had the bmw, but never registered. I always knew about the saabarus yet never really peaked an interest until i saw this one at a used car lot. I should be picking it up tomorrow. 05, 140k miles, no rust, timing belt looked new, just wondering if theres anything I should keep my eyes peeled for. look forward to getting involved on here!

Remove Advertisements Advertisement

Saab92X.com

#2 2017-02-21 11:33:41

ikbrown
long live R0LO!
User Number: 6094

Re: BMW head turned saab

I don’t know why this post would be unwelcomed but congrats on the Saabaru purchase – where are you located? Saabarus from rust-prone states can have some hiding in the rear strut towers. Also for a car with 140k you will just want to be aware of any leaks, noises, suspension wear/play and resolve as they come up. For preventive maintenance, just follow the schedule for an 05 Impreza.

What E36 did you have? I have a similar car story – learned manual on an E36 325i for my first car and had that till after college when it started giving me more issues than it was worth so I bought a Saabaru. Hope the saabaru treats you well!

2005 Saab 92x Aero 5MT | The basic mods, Stage 2.04
1968 Dodge Charger 383 | WIP, restored almost everything but body work
2014 Subaru Forester | Wife's car

Board footer

Site problems, bugs, or questions? Contact Administrator
All content copyright Saab92x.com 2005-2010
SAAB and the SAAB logos are trademarks of Saab Cars USA, Inc.