saab92x.com - Over 10% of all 9-2x owners registered

Saab92x.com is dedicated to the discussion of the Saab 9-2x sport wagon, based on the Subaru WRX.
Please register or login to post.

Welcome to Saab92x.com!
Saab92X.com is the premier Saab92X forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

#1 2017-04-29 21:07:21

MaxYield
User Number: 31040

RIP SAABARU FeelsBadMan Fun Story...kinda

PICTURES DOWN BELOW!

Well, first off it was an honor to own one of these cars and I didn't think it was going to end this way. Unfortunately the act of one man has ended the life
of this fantastic car. The story goes like this...I headed down to the Sacramento area, as I live in Tahoe, and was taking a Motorcycle Training Course. I decided
to stay at a well known motel, Motel 6. After a class on Friday night I head back to my motel, in maybe not the best area, but affordable for my 2 night stay, and I park
my car in one of the available spots. Not thinking much of it, as I do not have anything of value in my car, I lock the doors and enter my motel room and I head to bed
shortly after. Around 4:30am I get a phone call from the front desk, I answer Me: Hello / Front Desk: Umm somebody set fire to your car the fire department is outside /
Me: WHAAATTT!!!! I put my shoes on and open my door to see a fire truck, fire fighters, and a police car. WTF. I see my car and its engine bay smoldering and steaming
from the fire and water. Still wondering wtf happened, a fire fighter told me that a person had set fire to my car as I was asleep. I couldn't believe that this had happened,
but seemed to be consistent with everyone there. After a few words with the fire fighters I was approached by a Fire Arson Expert, and was asked the basic questions,
did I know anyone that would do this or did I come in contact with someone, as my response was no and also a bit in shock. A few moments later the Security Guard came
over and said he kicked a person with a gas can out earlier that may have been trying to siphon gas. He explained that the man must have jumped a back fence and
decided to light my car on fire. He then walked away. After I was finished with the Fire Arson Expert, I went to the front desk. At the front desk the employees were very
nice and apologetic. At that moment the front desk clerk looked across the street and saw the guy standing there not even paying attention to us(the car was not in visible
sight from that stand point though). I said call the cops, and he did. The cops showed up several minutes later and eventually found and detained the suspect. The security
guard was able to identify the man. This was a terrible experience and am saddened to see my car go out in this fashion, not to mention I had to miss my motorcycle class.
I wish you guys all the best with your Saabaru's, I guess i'm gonna join a biker gang now. I will be talking to insurance on Monday and may buy back the car and sell it to
a Subaru Recycler in Sacramento. It will have a good 2.5in Cobb Turbo Back Exhaust as well as those Black Rims with Saab center emblems (it doesn't look like the front rim was
damaged). Ill make a follow up post on this thread if I remember about that. Have a good day.

Here are a few pics:

http://imgur.com/a/ZPSRm

Remove Advertisements Advertisement

Saab92X.com

#2 2017-04-29 22:12:43

edfromsf
User Number: 33969

Re: RIP SAABARU FeelsBadMan Fun Story...kinda

dude that sucks big time

Owner of a small Subaru/Saabaru fleet
2005 Saab Aero 5-Speed with Cold Weather and Premium packages,Trunk Sill Plate,Door Sills,Armrest Extension,Rear Cup Holder,Momo Shift Knob,All Season Floor Mats,K&N filter,Rubbertite Cabin and Trunk mats,OEM WRX Radio/Aux and Sat radio,OEM Electric Auto Diming rear view mirrior/compass,OEM Air Deflector, 2008 Tribeca Limited, 2000 Forester L, 1997 SVX LSi

#3 2017-04-30 00:11:25

sohlman
21O2OLOR
User Number: 11977

Oh Sacramento  facepalm facepalm What neighborhood exactly if you don't mind me asking? Craziest story I've read in awhile, seriously what a horrible thing to happen.

06' Silver Aero 5MT - Cobb Turboback, Stage II  93 octane tune, ST coilovers (KW Variant1s), Cobb short shifter, 22mm front and 24mm rear whiteline sways and endlinks, engine rebuild (Manley forged rods and pistons)
White 2015 WRX - Whiteline rear swaybar, Perrin brass shifter bushing, Cobb J pipe, Cobb Accessport, custom buzzard damage

#4 2017-04-30 00:24:56

MaxYield

Horrible indeed, but hey its not the end of the world, but def a big bummer. This happened in Rancho Cordova - Zinfandel and Olson.

#5 2017-04-30 00:35:04

itsnotmeitsyou
Potato, Patreason...
Supporter
User Number: 5779

People suck.

2005 Saab 9-2x Aero:  More than you've had done to your car.
2015 Forester XT Touring

#6 2017-04-30 00:45:06

dotmaster206
User Number: 7123

Wow...man...wtf. Really sorry to read this story. I can't imagine my own reaction if this happened to me. My desire to understand things in a rational context is causing me problems.

Again, really sorry this happened to you.

#7 2017-04-30 12:03:26

n_r_child
MFIC
Supporter
User Number: 215

W.
T.
F.

Sorry to hear (and see). Good luck ith the insurance process and all.

le sigh

#8 2017-04-30 13:37:17

Pyromancy5
))<>(( Back and forth. Forever.
Supporter
User Number: 3538

So Fucked Up    sadbanana

I'm glad you're alright.

2005 Linear, 5mt, Satin Gray Metallic, moonroof, ixizsclutch, ixizhood, FHI 21 mm rear sway bar, rear dif guard
1981 Yamaha SR500

#9 2017-05-01 11:37:55

ikbrown
long live R0LO!
User Number: 6094

JESUS H. CHRISTOS!

Woah. That is insane. SUCKS man - so basically the guy was trying to siphon gas from cars in the lot, the security guard kicks him out, and so he says 'aint nobody kick me outta a parking lot!' and takes out anger on your car?

SHEESH. Effing people man. So sorry to hear that.  facepalm sad mad

2005 Saab 92x Aero 5MT | The basic mods, Stage 2.04
1968 Dodge Charger 383 | WIP, restored almost everything but body work
2014 Subaru Forester | Wife's car

#10 2017-05-01 21:59:37

MaxYield

Its quite alright man, these things happen..I guess. Lol. Well, ya that basically sums it up. Also, ya it does suck, I would have wanted this to go to a nice home or even a not so nice home than have this happen to it.
I have a few parts laying around though. I have to go through a few things to see what all i have. I def have:

Cobb Access Port the older version
Strut bar braces both front and rear.
750 injectors used
Maybe some meth injection parts.
I do have most of the parts for a window rail roof rack brand new. and have snowboard/ski holders used. All Yakima. I think the part I dont have is the actual mounts.
Extra set of rims with bad tires, unfort the nice black Saab ones are on the car.
I have a 3 gauge clock replacement insert.

Ill have to check on some other stuff and figure out some prices. Ill post an update when I have the time to go through some boxes, but thats most of it.
I am located in the South Lake Tahoe area, but may be willing to meet someone. This is just a heads up and want to give this community first grabs in case anyone
was interested. Thanks again you guys and have a good day.

Board footer

Site problems, bugs, or questions? Contact Administrator
All content copyright Saab92x.com 2005-2010
SAAB and the SAAB logos are trademarks of Saab Cars USA, Inc.