saab92x.com - Over 10% of all 9-2x owners registered

Saab92x.com is dedicated to the discussion of the Saab 9-2x sport wagon, based on the Subaru WRX.
Please register or login to post.

Welcome to Saab92x.com!
Saab92X.com is the premier Saab92X forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

#1 2017-05-13 02:13:27

alexlee827
Member
Registered: 2017-05-13
User Number: 41041
Posts: 10

2006 9-2x aero with 108k miles

I'm selling my 06 rsx type s and really interested in buying 9-2x aero.

There is like 2 9-2x aero on sale near my area so i dont have many options.

Everything looks good on the car but the seller states that it has stage 2 turbo and direct flow cat...?

I haven't heard the word direct flow cat ever in my life i was thought it was high flow.

Also stage 2 turbo kind of makes me suspicious.

What should i do? The car is one owner and everything else looks fine but engine bay looks kinda dirty.

I am putting a picture of the car's engine bay

https://ibb.co/bDOJ85

Oh also can i expect similar handling from the aero compared to rsx type s? I'm gonna miss my VTECCCC.

Last edited by alexlee827 (2017-05-13 02:17:15)

Offline

 

Remove Advertisements Advertisement

Saab92X.com

Offline

 

#2 2017-05-13 10:43:57

drewsro
Why Am I Still Here?
From: NW Indiana
Registered: 2014-01-10
User Number: 13600
Posts: 1374

Re: 2006 9-2x aero with 108k miles

Stage 2 just means he probably has a different down pipe with a hi-flow catalytic converter on, along with the accompanying Stage 2 map.  Find out how it is tuned (AccessPort or pro-tune).  Handling won't be nearly as good stock, but you can get stiffer sway bars and such to stiffen up the rear more.  Being that dirty doesn't necessarily mean something bad, but it also shows he didn't care to take good care of his car.


2005 9-2x Aero 5MT- Stage 2
2007 Toyota Corolla CE
2016 VW GTI S 6MT
Need a CARFAX report? Message me.

Offline

 

#3 2017-05-13 12:26:54

alexlee827
Member
Registered: 2017-05-13
User Number: 41041
Posts: 10

Re: 2006 9-2x aero with 108k miles

drewsro wrote:

Stage 2 just means he probably has a different down pipe with a hi-flow catalytic converter on, along with the accompanying Stage 2 map.  Find out how it is tuned (AccessPort or pro-tune).  Handling won't be nearly as good stock, but you can get stiffer sway bars and such to stiffen up the rear more.  Being that dirty doesn't necessarily mean something bad, but it also shows he didn't care to take good care of his car.

I'm not sure if u should buy the car. 2006 aeros are hard to find.. what should i do if there is no tune.

Offline

 

#4 2017-05-13 15:40:31

drewsro
Why Am I Still Here?
From: NW Indiana
Registered: 2014-01-10
User Number: 13600
Posts: 1374

Re: 2006 9-2x aero with 108k miles

It wouldn't be stage 2 if it didn't have a tune.  If it has the supporting stage 2 mods with no tune, turn away.


2005 9-2x Aero 5MT- Stage 2
2007 Toyota Corolla CE
2016 VW GTI S 6MT
Need a CARFAX report? Message me.

Offline

 

#5 2017-05-15 20:40:50

alexlee827
Member
Registered: 2017-05-13
User Number: 41041
Posts: 10

Re: 2006 9-2x aero with 108k miles

drewsro wrote:

It wouldn't be stage 2 if it didn't have a tune.  If it has the supporting stage 2 mods with no tune, turn away.

The seller states that it has Cobb accessport. I know its looks like a phone and connected to the ecu. Is it going to be inside the car somewhere?

Offline

 

#6 2017-05-16 11:01:06

drewsro
Why Am I Still Here?
From: NW Indiana
Registered: 2014-01-10
User Number: 13600
Posts: 1374

Re: 2006 9-2x aero with 108k miles

alexlee827 wrote:

drewsro wrote:

It wouldn't be stage 2 if it didn't have a tune.  If it has the supporting stage 2 mods with no tune, turn away.

The seller states that it has Cobb accessport. I know its looks like a phone and connected to the ecu. Is it going to be inside the car somewhere?

If it has an AccessPort, then you should be good.  It's just a handheld tuning device.


2005 9-2x Aero 5MT- Stage 2
2007 Toyota Corolla CE
2016 VW GTI S 6MT
Need a CARFAX report? Message me.

Offline

 

#7 2017-05-16 18:59:50

alexlee827
Member
Registered: 2017-05-13
User Number: 41041
Posts: 10

Re: 2006 9-2x aero with 108k miles

drewsro wrote:

alexlee827 wrote:

drewsro wrote:

It wouldn't be stage 2 if it didn't have a tune.  If it has the supporting stage 2 mods with no tune, turn away.

The seller states that it has Cobb accessport. I know its looks like a phone and connected to the ecu. Is it going to be inside the car somewhere?

If it has an AccessPort, then you should be good.  It's just a handheld tuning device.

I went to check out the car today and noticed the car has many dings( like severe dents) and scratches and trunk paint is burned off from sun. I offered him $5800 and possibly going to buy it.
Am i getting a good deal? I checked KBB and it is worth about 5,000 at best. I know these cars are rare but is it really worth it?
Oh and clutch pedal seems to be really stiff. Maybe because im used to driving my rsx type s. Is this normal?

Offline

 

#8 2017-05-16 21:33:55

dotmaster206
Member
From: Denver, CO
Registered: 2012-03-10
User Number: 7123
Posts: 1968

Re: 2006 9-2x aero with 108k miles

A super stiff clutch indicates that it is very worn. You'll need to budget for a replacement in the near-ish future. Without seeing the car, I can't say if that's a good deal or not, though, generally.

Offline

 

#9 2017-05-16 22:40:25

countriccati
Member
From: Boston
Registered: 2015-02-18
User Number: 28345
Posts: 191

Re: 2006 9-2x aero with 108k miles

Cosmetic issues like that aren't really a big deal unless they signify overall neglect. Get a compression test. Offer to pay the ~40 for new spark plugs for him to do it/get it done.


me and my aero

Offline

 

#10 2017-05-17 16:18:51

alexlee827
Member
Registered: 2017-05-13
User Number: 41041
Posts: 10

Re: 2006 9-2x aero with 108k miles

countriccati wrote:

Cosmetic issues like that aren't really a big deal unless they signify overall neglect. Get a compression test. Offer to pay the ~40 for new spark plugs for him to do it/get it done.

Is it worth to get a compression test for almost 200 dollla?

Offline

 

#11 2017-05-17 17:34:57

drewsro
Why Am I Still Here?
From: NW Indiana
Registered: 2014-01-10
User Number: 13600
Posts: 1374

Re: 2006 9-2x aero with 108k miles

Depending on the overall condition, $5800 is a good price.  Was timing belt done?  Any oil leaks?


2005 9-2x Aero 5MT- Stage 2
2007 Toyota Corolla CE
2016 VW GTI S 6MT
Need a CARFAX report? Message me.

Offline

 

#12 2017-05-17 19:53:09

alexlee827
Member
Registered: 2017-05-13
User Number: 41041
Posts: 10

Re: 2006 9-2x aero with 108k miles

drewsro wrote:

Depending on the overall condition, $5800 is a good price.  Was timing belt done?  Any oil leaks?

It was done about 20k ago. I dont think theres leak but im gonna do pre purchase inspection just in case

Offline

 

#13 2017-05-17 20:32:28

alexlee827
Member
Registered: 2017-05-13
User Number: 41041
Posts: 10

Re: 2006 9-2x aero with 108k miles

nvm car got snatched by some dude who payed 5900.

Offline

 

Board footer

Site problems, bugs, or questions? Contact Administrator
All content copyright Saab92x.com 2005-2010
SAAB and the SAAB logos are trademarks of Saab Cars USA, Inc.