saab92x.com - Over 10% of all 9-2x owners registered

Saab92x.com is dedicated to the discussion of the Saab 9-2x sport wagon, based on the Subaru WRX.
Please register or login to post.

Welcome to Saab92x.com!
Saab92X.com is the premier Saab92X forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

#1 2017-05-21 15:00:30

dadmau5
User Number: 41121

2005 SAAB 92X Aero For Sale

Long time lurker from long ago ... returning to this board to find a new home for my saabaru...

6 MT; AWD; 227 HP (stock). 
~131K Miles.
$3300 obo.

Always fun to drive; unstoppable in the winter (with winter tires); she may not look like much, but she’s got it where it counts.

I’ve reached that point in my life where I’m looking forward to buying a mini-van and the parking spot reserved for this car has been displaced by childrens’ toys.
This car is in fair shape.  If you’re a mechanic or mechanically inclined, this is a super easy and relatively inexpensive car to work on and it’ll run until the engine block falls out. 

The car has mostly highway miles and was my everyday commuter for 6 years.
I’m looking to sell quickly.  Please contact me with serious offers.  Couldn't figure out how to add pics... but pm me and I'll share if interested...

Condition: Fair -  Exterior – Good (minor dings and scratches); Engine/Chassis –  Fair  (Visible Rust)

Upgrades:
•    Short Sport Shifter
•    Integrated, hidden radar detector
•    I-Phone connection
•    New racing clutch assembly installed at 73K miles
•    New Serpentine Belts installed at 130K miles
Included Extras:
•    Set of separate snow tires and wheels (Michelin Pilot with good tread; 2-4 seasons left) (Enkei Wheels with locking lug nuts) (a ~$2000 value new)
•    Hydraulic Jack and stands
•    Cobb Tuner
•    Impreza Sub-Woofer (not connected)
•    Led map lights (not installed)
Specific Problems:
•    Rear Hatch lock won’t automatically unlock once locked.  It’s not rusted (I checked).  I think the lock mechanism just needs to be replaced (about $120 part).  Or you can unlock by hand (using about 10 cents of nylon string.)
•     The tensioner bolt for the serpentine belt assembly is loose (it’s holder rusted apart).  New serpentine belts installed at 130K, so belts likely will not need to be changed for the remainder of the car’s life.  If they do need to be changed, the serpentine belt assembly tension can be adjusted manually (this isn’t a Mercedes!).
•    Engine heats when at idle.  This is likely a radiator fan issue and could be due to a blown fuse or a mechanical issue.  I haven’t had time to figure this one out.

Last edited by dadmau5 (2017-05-21 15:02:34)

Remove Advertisements Advertisement

Saab92X.com

#2 2017-05-21 15:15:37

snowphun
User Number: 890

Re: 2005 SAAB 92X Aero For Sale

This is a bit of a mess.

No pictures.
No location.
No silly picture of you feet.
No 6 speed in a stock 9-2x.

Price sounds reasonable, sort out the details and you'll likely have a sale soon.

#3 2017-05-21 21:13:39

dadmau5
User Number: 41121

Re: 2005 SAAB 92X Aero For Sale

snowphun wrote:

This is a bit of a mess. [story of my life.]

No pictures. [first time posting.]
No location. [chicago]
No silly picture of you feet. [been a while since i've been on here, but, politely decline to participate whatever fetish is happening... not judging.]
No 6 speed in a stock 9-2x.  [this explains that grinding sound when i'm shifting to 6 at high speed...thank you]

Price sounds reasonable, sort out the details and you'll likely have a sale soon.

[probably underpriced.  sold within hours after posting on craigslist.  but, went to a kid that i think will get as much joy out of this car as i did.  best of luck to the rest of you.]

Board footer

Site problems, bugs, or questions? Contact Administrator
All content copyright Saab92x.com 2005-2010
SAAB and the SAAB logos are trademarks of Saab Cars USA, Inc.