saab92x.com - Over 10% of all 9-2x owners registered

Saab92x.com is dedicated to the discussion of the Saab 9-2x sport wagon, based on the Subaru WRX.
Please register or login to post.

Welcome to Saab92x.com!
Saab92X.com is the premier Saab92X forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

#1 2008-05-20 15:46:29

AbACUZ
Supporter
Supporter
User Number: 839
Website

President and Chief Operating Officer, Saab Cars U.S.A

http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com/townhall/chat/media/saab92chatheader445x105.jpg

Debra Kelly-Ennis was appointed President and Chief Operating Officer of Saab Cars USA in September 2002. Under Kelly-Ennis' leadership in 2003, Saab achieved its best results ever in its 47-year history in the United States market. In 2003, all-time records were set in retail new car, used car and parts and accessory sales, and dealer attitude scoring on the summer National Automobile Dealers Association survey were the highest ever for Saab.

During her short tenure, she is launching the strongest new product offensive in Saab's history.

Kelly-Ennis joined General Motors in 1999 as the brand manager for Chevrolet S-10 trucks where she was responsible for marketing, product development, finance, quality and production planning. Enhancements she and her team made to the competitiveness of the S-10 increased sales volumes and contributed to General Motors' truck leadership. In June of 2000, she was promoted to the position of general manager of GM's Oldsmobile Division

In addition to her General Motors experiences, Kelly-Ennis has held a number of non-automotive marketing and sales leadership roles as well as general management positions with leading companies such as RJR/Nabisco and Grand Metropolitan, PLC.

Kelly-Ennis has been a member of the Pulte Corporation board of directors since 1997 where she currently serves as chairman of the governance committee and member of the audit committee. Pulte is the nation's largest homebuilding company and is traded on the New York Stock Exchange.

In 2003, she received the Women's Automotive International Professional Achievement Award for outstanding achievement in the automotive industry. Also active in community affairs, she led GM's 2002 United Way campaign. Kelly-Ennis was also recognized by Automotive News as one of the top 100 leading women in the automotive world.

A graduate of the University of Texas, Kelly-Ennis received a B.S. in education in 1979; M.B.A. in marketing at the University of Houston in 1981; and she participated in the executive leadership program at Harvard Business School in 2001.

Chat Transcript

Debra Kelly-Ennis: Hello, I'm Debra Kelly-Ennis, Saab Cars USA President and COO. I'm happy to be here tonight to discuss the latest addition to the Saab family and to answer any questions you may have on the 9-2X.

SisterSaab asks: When will the 9-2X be available at local dealerships?

Debra Kelly-Ennis: The 9-2X has already begun to arrive at U.S. Saab dealerships and should currently be available. Vehicle availability will continue to improve in the weeks ahead as production ramps up fully.

Hot Pockets asks: How many have you sold so far? What's the most popular color?

Debra Kelly-Ennis: The most popular color thus far is black and since it's only been available for about 2 weeks, we've had approximately 50 sales reported. There's a delay in the reporting time and we usually don't get them until later in the month.

Scott Paterson asks: Will you speak at the Saab Owners Convention in August in the Northwest?

Debra Kelly-Ennis: Hopefully, if the scheduling works out on August 20-22. I really enjoyed it last year.

Rob asks: Does this car really have the heart and soul of a Saab?

Debra Kelly-Ennis: Yes it was designed by Saab's designers. The ride and handling was worked on by the Saab engineers. We started with a great car and we built a great Saab.

rik4 asks: Will Saab ever offer different color leather interior other than tan black and grey since others are now offering red and blue and such?

Debra Kelly-Ennis: Yes, we're looking at different color interiors. Case in point, we've released over the last couple of years some limited edition vehicles that have had black interior with red highlights, or black interior with blue highlights.

stefan_belgium asks: What kind of side impact head protection does the 9-2X offer?

Debra Kelly-Ennis: There's a front seat side airbag system that covers both the head and torso. It comes out of the seat back - it's a seat-mounted side airbag system. Also to add to safety, the 9-2X has active head restraints standard.

Scott Paterson asks: Will you do a second run of 9-2X's if the first 8,000 sell out before year's end?

Debra Kelly-Ennis: We don't do production in batches like that. We'll continue to build to meet demand.

Ender asks: Does Saab have any plans to offer a four wheel drive version of the 9-3 or 9-5?

Debra Kelly-Ennis: We're investigating all-wheel drive on all platforms.

scottk asks: Any plans to revive the hatchback configuration in other model lines?

Debra Kelly-Ennis: It's coming within 18 months on the 9-3 family.

OldSaab asks: What's the starting price for the 9-2x?

Debra Kelly-Ennis: The Saab 9-2X Linear will start at $22,990 and the 9-2X Aero starts at $26,950. All 9-2Xs come with full-time all-wheel-drive as standard equipment. The destination charge is $695.

theo2709 asks: Is SAAB considering putting incentives on the 9-2X?

Debra Kelly-Ennis: Right now, there's some APR (financing) support, but at this time that's all we are doing.

Larry w/a 9-5 wagon asks: What about hybrid engines?

Debra Kelly-Ennis: Hybrids are under investigation at Saab. We have some development vehicles built that we're evaluating.

tsn:aizzo asks: How have the Saab dealers been trained to handle the new 9-2x, in particular servicing?

Debra Kelly-Ennis: We're approximately 90% complete in training all of the Saab 9-2X technicians in the US . And we'll have a second round of more in-depth training for all of the technicians, which will be complete by Christmastime.

SoCal asks: Debra, have you done a chat before?

Debra Kelly-Ennis: No, this is my first, and so far I'm enjoying it.

rik4 asks: Will Saab bring any diesels to the USA like Mercedes and VW are?

Debra Kelly-Ennis: We have diesels that we are selling in the European market. We're monitoring the market, and particularly the fuel quality and emissions regulations that are evolving to see if there's any opportunity for us to bring diesel into the U.S.

stefan_belgium asks: Is a yaw based stability control available on the 9-2X ?

Debra Kelly-Ennis: No, this vehicle is not available yaw-based stability control. It is standard on the Linear and the Aero models. AWD is standard, that is.

Larry w/a 9-5 wagon asks: When will Saabs get XM as OEM?

Debra Kelly-Ennis: We will start offering it in model year 2005.

Saab900 asks: Why is Saab moving to Detroit ?

Debra Kelly-Ennis: Very simple, this was a pure business decision for us. We are moving Saab's U.S. headquarters to Detroit to save significant amounts of money we currently spend in fixed facilities and personnel costs and re- direct the savings we will realize into growing the Saab brand through more and better marketing and further expanding the product line. We will also be able to better leverage GM's global resources for Saab's growth.

thegriffon asks: How long before a 9-2X is offered in markets outside North America ?

Debra Kelly-Ennis: As it stands now, the existing 9-2X will not be offered in markets outside of North America .

geradf asks: The 9-2x resembles the older Saab hatchback. Is this a good way to bring the old buyers back by this car, or do you think they are too tough to get back?

Debra Kelly-Ennis: The 9-2X is primarily intended to attract new buyers, but if it also attracts hatchback loyalists, fantastic!

Larry w/a 9-5 wagon asks: Once your move is complete, will you still offer your advanced driving course near Atlanta?

Debra Kelly-Ennis: Yes.

Ender asks: Since Saab has so much expertise in turbo did you decide to use Fuji technology with the 9-2X or Saab tech and why?

Debra Kelly-Ennis: We're utilizing the Fuji power train.

pattipc asks: Debra - what would you say is your toughest challenge being such a high ranking woman executive in the automotive industry?

Debra Kelly-Ennis: First of all, I love the car business. I've found working with dealers and customers very exciting. It's a great job. Meeting our monthly sales goals and getting the product that we need is always a challenge.

rik4: This is not a question. I just want to say what a great job you are doing for Saab.

stefan_belgium asks: Any plans for a NAV system in the 9-2X ?

Debra Kelly-Ennis: Not at this time. We will have Nav systems available next year in both the 9-3 and the 9-5

geradf asks: How come in the ads for the 9-2x you don't show that it is a hatchback? The angle on it looks like a sedan.

Debra Kelly-Ennis: We do show the back of the car in the beginning sequence of the commercial. As you see the commercial more often, it will be more noticeable.

bill lovejoy asks: What help do you need from dealers that hasn’t been forthcoming so far?

Debra Kelly-Ennis: Saab dealers overall are doing a good job. I need them to focus on 1) delivering great customer service, 2) selling in the right kind of facility, and 3) selling product features instead of price.

Larry w/a 9-5 wagon asks: Whoa, Nellie! Nav systems in addition to, or instead of OnStar?

Debra Kelly-Ennis: In '05 we'll have Nav systems in addition to OnStar.

secret asks: When will the new 9-5 be launched?

Debra Kelly-Ennis: We'll have a major on the 9-5 within the next 18 months.

Larry w/a 9-5 wagon asks: Since you're now utilizing GM resources, who's dreaming 9-4 and 9- 6 dreams?

Debra Kelly-Ennis: The same people who dream 9-3 and 9-5 dreams! My team and I are dreaming those dreams, and we hope to make them a reality.

wheels13 asks: In what year did Saab start selling cars in the USA ?

Debra Kelly-Ennis: 1956.

SaabGirl asks: How is the 9-2X different from the WRX?

Debra Kelly-Ennis: The new Saab 9-2X is distinctly different from the WRX in a number of ways including but not limited to: Exterior - Saab-unique styling from the A-pillars forward including new fenders, aluminum hood and hood scoop, new front fascia with Saab distinctive three-port grill, headlights, marker lights, projector driving lights. There is also Saab-unique styling at the rear and sides with a new tailgate with integrated roof spoiler, new rear bumper cover, new tail lamps, new side rocker panels, new 16" or 17" alloy wheels and Saab-specific Bridgestone tires. Interior - The interior of the 9-2X incorporates new materials and design to give a very premium and contemporary driver's environment. New, two-tone seat covers and door panel trim, upgraded carpet, new dash fascia trim treatment and instrument cluster, active head restraints for the front seats, and a comprehensive insulation package to dramatically reduce road, wind and drivetrain noises and provide a more premium driving experience. Chassis - Saab unique chassis with new dampers, suspension bushings, 100% stiffening of the front sub-frame where the unique 15.0-1 ratio steering rack mounts, aluminum rear suspension forward lateral link, 10mm shorter rear bump stops. Also - the 9-2X has a 4-year/50,000 mile warranty instead of the WRX's 3-year/36,000 mile warranty, and the 9- 2X comes with no-charge maintenance for the first 2-years/24,000 miles.

secret asks: When will advertising begin on the 9-2x?

Debra Kelly-Ennis: It started approximately one week ago.

johng9-3 asks: What type of accessories will be offered?

Debra Kelly-Ennis: We will have a sport shifter, specially designed sport exhaust system, 17" silver painted alloy wheel, a sport gauge pack, and a variety of cargo accessories to go inside the car and on the roof... and more to come!

Subie or Saab? asks: Why should I buy a 9-2X instead of a WRX?

Debra Kelly-Ennis: Buyers of the new Saab 9-2X will get an overall more premium driving experience in the 9-2X because it is a Saab and that's what Saab buyers expect. Saab designers and engineers have given the 9-2X the exterior and interior appearance the overall ride and handling dynamics and surprising versatility that Saab customers have come to expect. The ride of the 9-2X is a little more compliant while still providing very high levels of all-wheel-drive traction. Interior road and drivetrain noise has been dramatically reduced with the addition of an NVH package Saab developed for the 9-2X. The 9-2X is also available with a couple features that aren't available on the WRX 5-door like the optional moonroof and leather interior.

saaber asks: Besides the nav system, are there any other changes (even minor) that are expected for the 9-5 before the redesign.? Any chance for a in-dash CD changer?

Debra Kelly-Ennis: Any changes before the redesign are in the color and trim.

NOS2006 asks: What significance does the Saab 9X Concept hold to the future of Saab vehicles?

Debra Kelly-Ennis: It sets the design direction for the future and embodies what we're trying to do with the brand.

Guest asks: What is the expected US gas mileage?

Debra Kelly-Ennis: Linear manual - 22 city, 29 highway

cracovian asks: Will we ever see a V6 engine in a Saab (car) again?

Debra Kelly-Ennis: Yes!

SaabCarsUSA asks: Is the 9-3 Sport Hatch on its way into the SAAB family of vehicles?

Debra Kelly-Ennis: Yes, it will be in the US market within 18 months.

jruhi4 asks: There have been rumors of a new Saab sports car (a Sonnett for the 21st century, if you will). Will we, indeed, see this Pontiac Solstice offshoot go into production?

Debra Kelly-Ennis: We would love to have a halo for the Saab product portfolio. Something like the original Sonnett Supersport, but we have other priorities at the moment.

Scott Paterson asks: Does you drive a Saab?

Debra Kelly-Ennis: I actually drive a lime yellow 9-3 Aero convertible.

nukeday asks: I'm curious why the 9-2X doesn't seem to offered in classic SAAB green?

Debra Kelly-Ennis: The market interest in the classic dark green colors has been falling off but it has increased on the brighter green, like the convertible.

mbrown9-5 asks: Will the 9-2X ignition be placed in the center console before the redesign?

Debra Kelly-Ennis: No, it won't. We didn't want to spend the time and money and have the product come to market later to move it there.This isn't new for Saab - the Saab 9000 had the ignition switch on the column and sold perfectly well. And most buyers of the 9-2X will be new to Saab.

player4 asks: I heard that Saab has trademarked the following names: 9-1, 9-4 and 9- 8. What type of vehicle are these? When will they be introduced?

Debra Kelly-Ennis: With the 9-2X and the 9-7X we're doubling the size of our portfolio within the year, and we don't intend to stop there.

NOS2006 asks: Will we ever see a V8 in a Saab?

Debra Kelly-Ennis: Yes, the 9-7X SUV, available in less than a year, will offer a V8.

mbrown9-5 asks: Debra, I love what SAAB is doing and want it to continue! Now, I love my 9-5 when will it be replaced with the new 9-5?

Debra Kelly-Ennis: Thank you so much for your comments. I'm happy that you're enjoying your 9-5. We have a major coming in the next 18 months, so we'll be waiting to take your order then.

Scott Paterson asks: Could you please chat with us again sometime in the next six months?

Debra Kelly-Ennis: Yes, I would love to! I really enjoy the opportunity to talk about all of the exciting things going on at Saab USA .

Scott Paterson asks: You've got me hooked on a 9-2X - thanks for this car and for turbo charging Saab again!

Debra Kelly-Ennis: I'm glad you're enjoying the 9-2X and are having a great experience with Saab. When are you taking delivery?

nukeday asks: What platform will the next Viggen be on? Any chance for a 9-2X Aero/SPG type vehicle?

Debra Kelly-Ennis: We love the Viggen as much as anybody and we're looking around for an appropriate platform. The 9-2X is an SPG-type vehicle. It's the same concept.

Debra Kelly-Ennis: This has been a wonderful opportunity for me to talk directly with Saab enthusiasts. I appreciate all of your enthusiasm, and I look forward to talking with you again soon. See you on the road!

http://www.edmunds.com/townhall/chat/tr … 62404.html

Remove Advertisements Advertisement

Saab92X.com

#2 2008-05-20 18:56:03

Azrael
Asshole.
Supporter
User Number: 953
Website

Re: President and Chief Operating Officer, Saab Cars U.S.A

June 24th, 2004

#3 2008-05-20 21:30:50

john_matrix
Administrator
SupporterModerator
User Number: 168

Azrael wrote:

June 24th, 2004

When can I get a new 92x?

#4 2008-05-20 21:47:26

Azrael
Asshole.
Supporter
Website

SisterSaab asks: When will the 9-2X be available at local dealerships?

Debra Kelly-Ennis: The 9-2X has already begun to arrive at U.S. Saab dealerships and should currently be available. Vehicle availability will continue to improve in the weeks ahead as production ramps up fully.

#5 2008-05-20 22:19:45

chet90si
The Honda Guy.
Supporter
User Number: 1853

Where'd did you find this info?!? You should talk to Topher about writing for Culture Garage...I hear they need people who are on top of breaking news.

#6 2008-05-20 22:19:59

chet90si
The Honda Guy.
Supporter
User Number: 1853

star

#7 2008-05-20 22:22:27

eurospek
Supporter
User Number: 181

biggrin

2016 VW GTI S 2-door Reflex Silver 6-spd

2014 VW Passat S 1.8 TSI
2005 SAAB 9-2X AERO Arctic Silver 4eat | COBB Stage 2 Protuned

#8 2008-06-04 18:25:41

ghilliker
User Number: 2180

Gotta kinda wonder.  Chairman of Oldsmobile.  Chairman of Saab.  Champion of the 92x.  This poor girl seems to be on the backside of everything GM does wrong.  Any clue where she is now?  Any truth to the rumor that GM is going spin off Saab?

George

'05 Linear saab 92x  '97 Pathfinder 4x4
[Original owner: '67 Saab Sonett II chassis #122]

#9 2008-06-04 18:31:10

Azrael
Asshole.
Supporter
Website

How is this something GM did wrong?

#10 2008-06-04 18:31:20

iota
si vis pacem, para bellum
Founder
User Number: 1
Website

this saab 9-2x sounds like an awesome ride, i think i will check it out

#11 2008-06-04 19:31:09

Topher
e-famous
SupporterModerator
User Number: 844

chet90si wrote:

Where'd did you find this info?!? You should talk to Topher about writing for Culture Garage...I hear they need people who are on top of breaking news.

awesome

And here come the one uppers  arrow-down

#12 2008-06-04 19:49:50

scottgf
Former, Ex Dealer Guy
Supporter
User Number: 13
Website

iota wrote:

this saab 9-2x sounds like an awesome ride, i think i will check it out

I may get one too....maybe you could start a website dedicated to 9-2x's

Scott
05 9-2x Aero 5 Spd AP Stage 2 SOLD 10/2012     94 Dodge Viper RT/10
73 Plymouth Road Runner                                  63 VW
69 Ford Cortina GT                                            12 Chevy Volt

#13 2008-06-04 20:19:47

AbACUZ
Supporter
Supporter
User Number: 839
Website

what ... not a repost ?  boooo!!!!!

I posted this on may 20 2008, why are you even replying to this old thread, did you not see it the first time and trolled it the first day, damn you guys are slacking !!  i expect alot more spam and trolling from you !

Seriously ..

Im sure that that website will be taken off sometimes because the info is outdated and not relevant, but it will be relevant for some one searching 92X history, and us this beeing the 92x vault it is proper to post.

#14 2008-06-05 14:23:51

ghilliker
User Number: 2180

Azrael wrote:

How is this something GM did wrong?

My bad...  What I meant was the GM abandoned each of her projects.  Getting rid of the GM/FHI linkup was clearly a bonehead idea.  Shutting down Oldsmobile when they produced one of the most successful and profitable cars in the Alero.  Now Buick (which should have gone before Olds in MHO).  I was saddened when GM picked up Saab.  They did something right with FHI and then got all mad and ugly when Renault poked it's head in the mix.  Perhaps Renault/Saab/FHI could have brought out a line of smaller cars that would actually sell in today's market.  I know my '05 Linear gets a consistent 29mpg.

George

'05 Linear saab 92x  '97 Pathfinder 4x4
[Original owner: '67 Saab Sonett II chassis #122]

Board footer

Site problems, bugs, or questions? Contact Administrator
All content copyright Saab92x.com 2005-2010
SAAB and the SAAB logos are trademarks of Saab Cars USA, Inc.