saab92x.com - Over 10% of all 9-2x owners registered

Saab92x.com is dedicated to the discussion of the Saab 9-2x sport wagon, based on the Subaru WRX.
Please register or login to post.

Welcome to Saab92x.com!
Saab92X.com is the premier Saab92X forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

#1 2005-06-26 22:41:24

yogi92x
User Number: 228

Switched wrx stuff to saab (thinking of doing the same, read this)

Oh man, i hate how everytime i work on my car something ALWAYS goes unplanned.  Anyway, i did a couple things.  I was planning on doing my exhaust today but work went long.  Anyway here are some things i did.

Changed over my BOV.  Its A GFB Stealth fx hybrid bov.  The bolts were a little hard to get in, compared the to the wrx, but it went in eventually.  Also changed over the trunk tray and cargo net.  Those really werent problems.

Now for where problems came in.  Number 1.  The armrest extenstion from 02-03 WILL NOT work in the saab.  The latch on the 02-03 is in the middle but in ours its on the driver's side.
Also, i tried to move my sti titanium shift knob over but it has bigger threads than the stock leather knob.  I will probably just switch the whole shifter when i do the exhaust, but all in all cant just do the knob, from what i can tell.

The saab intercooler looks a little thincker than the 03 wrx.  Does anyone know if they changed the wrx intercooler between 03 and 04.  Maybe it was just my imagination, didnt do a direct comparison.

Lastly, i noticed a weird buzzing noise from near the alternator.  I wasnt sure if it was coming from the alternator or just behind it but it was a weird noise.  Not just the normal clicking, it was a drone/hum kinda like what you hear near a big electical transistor or powerline (or maybe like a tuning fork), it also fades in and out (not constant), does anyone else here this on their saabs or know what it might  be.

All in all i know i didnt do anything serious, gonna do the wheels and the exhaust maybe shifter hopefully tuesday.  I was really disappointed about the armrest though.

2005 Black Aero Luxury and Cold big_smile

Other ride: 2006 Corvette Z06 mad

Remove Advertisements Advertisement

Saab92X.com

#2 2005-06-27 00:25:54

CZ-75
User Number: 245

Re: Switched wrx stuff to saab (thinking of doing the same, read this)

Some folks are grounding their alternators and TBs b/c these cars are alleged to not be as well grounded as they could be.  Might help with some potential electrical issues.

#3 2005-06-27 00:41:29

ease27
User Number: 210

Yogi you do realise that that BOV is proabbly hurting your performance right, that is unless you are running a front mount or a much bigger top mount intercooler.. just in case read this http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthr … id=468038. Not trying to be  mean or anything, but running a BOV can decrease your power, make you run richer.. which in turn can shorten your engine's life..not worth hearing a little hiss after boost in my eyes.

#4 2005-06-27 01:13:15

yogi92x
User Number: 228

Yeah before i did it to my wrx i fully researched it.  I know it does nothing for me except the sound but i like that.  Not sure you know about the gfb but it is a hybrid.  I can turn it to a full recirculation valve with a quick twist under the hood.  I experimented with it closed, open, and everywhere in between and i noticed NO difference in performance.  If i was ever at the track or in a serious race i would just close it off to optimize the performance.  Thanks for the concern but im not too worried about it.

2005 Black Aero Luxury and Cold big_smile

Other ride: 2006 Corvette Z06 mad

Board footer

Site problems, bugs, or questions? Contact Administrator
All content copyright Saab92x.com 2005-2010
SAAB and the SAAB logos are trademarks of Saab Cars USA, Inc.