saab92x.com - Over 10% of all 9-2x owners registered

Saab92x.com is dedicated to the discussion of the Saab 9-2x sport wagon, based on the Subaru WRX.
Please register or login to post.

Welcome to Saab92x.com!
Saab92X.com is the premier Saab92X forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

#1 2012-09-29 12:28:05

92xman
User Number: 7719

New member in Toronto

Hey Everyone,

I have been meaning to do this for a while and finally got around to joining!

Me and my fiancee bought our automatic 2005 92x linear just over two years ago and are completely in love with it. It's an awesome car that has taken us all over Ontario and taken whatever we have thrown at it. It has drove valiantly through the snow belt in the middle of January past a load of other cars that spun out (literally 7 crashes in a 300 meter stretch) and up crazy steep hills cottage country other cars freak out on. Just a perfect car.  We have become madly attached to this car and want to keep it forever.

Thing is it's time to show it a bit of love so I wanted to pick everyone's brains on where they think a Toronto 92x would be well served getting some issues looked into.

1) rear differential is acting up big-time when going around corners at a slower speed (I guess I am wondering if anyone knows a great 92x mechanic)
2) check engine light has just come on (again good mechanic)
3) anyone know a good scratch guy - I have some moderate scratches primarily on the bumper we would like to get fixed up so it's all mint again
4) we need to install the AV-cable/RCA Ground loop isolator we bought so we can listen to our iPods/MP3s in the car.  A radio tuner accessory doesn't really work very well in a city where there are few free radio channels! Anyone know a good place to get this installed? 
5) seems as though both the front and rear badges have had the sticker peel off. Guess we need to track those down as well.

Here's a shot of it out front today, fresh from the car wash!

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g431/guydudeman1/my92X.jpg

Remove Advertisements Advertisement

Saab92X.com

#2 2012-12-20 17:28:19

92x_dude
I don't know what I'm talking about
Supporter
User Number: 3967

Re: New member in Toronto

I guess since September, you had work done on this.

Regardless, welcome to the forum.

What symptoms constitute of a rear dif acting up?

CEL, you can get the code and help you find the culprit.

badges peeling of are common, poke around the forum and you'll find way to replace it.

Shops in Toronto, if there is something I can't fix, I go to N.V. Auto in Hamilton.

#3 2012-12-26 15:43:59

Tkon
Supporter
Supporter
User Number: 647

If you aren't a do it yourself type of guy, Greenlane Auto Collision in Thornhill also does mechanical repairs. I like them because they pick up my car from work, and deliver it back to me.

2005 SAAB 9-2x Aero, Arctic Silver Metallic, 5 MT

#4 2012-12-28 14:07:34

Yellowducky
User Number: 5342

92x_dude wrote:

I guess since September, you had work done on this.

Regardless, welcome to the forum.

What symptoms constitute of a rear dif acting up?

CEL, you can get the code and help you find the culprit.

badges peeling of are common, poke around the forum and you'll find way to replace it.

Shops in Toronto, if there is something I can't fix, I go to N.V. Auto in Hamilton.

I totally agree with bringing to NV Auto in Hamilton.  I live east of the city but took my car there for service, those guys know their stuff.

Board footer

Site problems, bugs, or questions? Contact Administrator
All content copyright Saab92x.com 2005-2010
SAAB and the SAAB logos are trademarks of Saab Cars USA, Inc.